The former boxer, who has two children at home, juggles a daily online talk show and other television projects, is happy to announce that she completed her first triathlon in NYC over the weekend.
The race included a 1.5 kilometer swim, 40K bike and 10K run.
“I have always incorporated running into my workouts, but not swimming and biking,” she told The Huffington Post.
So the whole bit was a challenge and out of her comfort zone. But she did prepare for the event near her California home.
“I biked and ran on the road and swam at a swimming center,” she said. “Sometimes I focused on distance or time and other times I did interval or brick training.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
She said her kids kept her motivated through it all.
“I gained about 40 pounds with my second pregnancy. I have gotten most of the weight off but the last 10 is a challenge because I live to eat!” she said. “I figured all the running and swimming would get the last bit off.”
All her hard work paid off too. The athlete completed the race only six minutes over her target time and most importantly finished the race.
“I like to execute my plans,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here