The former boxer, who has two children at home, juggles a daily online talk show and other television projects, is happy to announce that she completed her first triathlon in NYC over the weekend.
The race included a 1.5 kilometer swim, 40K bike and 10K run.
“I have always incorporated running into my workouts, but not swimming and biking,” she told The Huffington Post.
So the whole bit was a challenge and out of her comfort zone. But she did prepare for the event near her California home.
“I biked and ran on the road and swam at a swimming center,” she said. “Sometimes I focused on distance or time and other times I did interval or brick training.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
She said her kids kept her motivated through it all.
“I gained about 40 pounds with my second pregnancy. I have gotten most of the weight off but the last 10 is a challenge because I live to eat!” she said. “I figured all the running and swimming would get the last bit off.”
All her hard work paid off too. The athlete completed the race only six minutes over her target time and most importantly finished the race.
“I like to execute my plans,” she said.
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here