The former boxer, who has two children at home, juggles a daily online talk show and other television projects, is happy to announce that she completed her first triathlon in NYC over the weekend.
The race included a 1.5 kilometer swim, 40K bike and 10K run.
“I have always incorporated running into my workouts, but not swimming and biking,” she told The Huffington Post.
So the whole bit was a challenge and out of her comfort zone. But she did prepare for the event near her California home.
“I biked and ran on the road and swam at a swimming center,” she said. “Sometimes I focused on distance or time and other times I did interval or brick training.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
She said her kids kept her motivated through it all.
“I gained about 40 pounds with my second pregnancy. I have gotten most of the weight off but the last 10 is a challenge because I live to eat!” she said. “I figured all the running and swimming would get the last bit off.”
All her hard work paid off too. The athlete completed the race only six minutes over her target time and most importantly finished the race.
“I like to execute my plans,” she said.
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here