The former boxer, who has two children at home, juggles a daily online talk show and other television projects, is happy to announce that she completed her first triathlon in NYC over the weekend.
The race included a 1.5 kilometer swim, 40K bike and 10K run.
“I have always incorporated running into my workouts, but not swimming and biking,” she told The Huffington Post.
So the whole bit was a challenge and out of her comfort zone. But she did prepare for the event near her California home.
“I biked and ran on the road and swam at a swimming center,” she said. “Sometimes I focused on distance or time and other times I did interval or brick training.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
She said her kids kept her motivated through it all.
“I gained about 40 pounds with my second pregnancy. I have gotten most of the weight off but the last 10 is a challenge because I live to eat!” she said. “I figured all the running and swimming would get the last bit off.”
All her hard work paid off too. The athlete completed the race only six minutes over her target time and most importantly finished the race.
“I like to execute my plans,” she said.
- Watch FSU QB De’Andre Johnson PUNCH Woman in Face; Gets Released
- EUR Speaks with Kem, Lalah Hathaway & Dee-1 At 2015 Essence Festival (WATCH)
- Beyoncé Video Inspires Curvy 68 Story Australian Skyscraper
- Turner's Two Cents: Obama Did Not Call Immigrants Gangbangers
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here