The former boxer, who has two children at home, juggles a daily online talk show and other television projects, is happy to announce that she completed her first triathlon in NYC over the weekend.
The race included a 1.5 kilometer swim, 40K bike and 10K run.
“I have always incorporated running into my workouts, but not swimming and biking,” she told The Huffington Post.
So the whole bit was a challenge and out of her comfort zone. But she did prepare for the event near her California home.
“I biked and ran on the road and swam at a swimming center,” she said. “Sometimes I focused on distance or time and other times I did interval or brick training.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
She said her kids kept her motivated through it all.
“I gained about 40 pounds with my second pregnancy. I have gotten most of the weight off but the last 10 is a challenge because I live to eat!” she said. “I figured all the running and swimming would get the last bit off.”
All her hard work paid off too. The athlete completed the race only six minutes over her target time and most importantly finished the race.
“I like to execute my plans,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here