*Lifetime has announced that is all-black remake of “Steel Magnolias,” led by Queen Latifah and Phylicia Rashad, will debut on the network Sunday, Oct. 7, at 9 p.m.
The adaptation of the 1989 film centers on the lives and friendship of six women in Louisiana.
Adepero Oduye, Condola Rashad, Jill Scott and Alfre Woodard co-star in the Kenny Leon-directed TV movie, which was produced by Latifah, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here