*Oh, now this is some interesting ish.
Lil Wayne has reportedly hired security guards to keep a round-the-clock watch over his ex-wife and their daughter, according Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra.
Reportedly Weezy’s plunking down more than $10,000 a month to make sure Toya Wright, whom he divorced in 2007, and their daughter, Reginae, will not be harmed.
So why the beefy dudes?
It’s weirder than you think.
Wright, 28, star of Toya: A Family Affair, got married last year to record producer Mickey “Memphitz” Wright. So happens Memphitz has been accused of domestic abuse — so Lil Wayne wants to make sure someone’s on hand to keep Memphitz on the straight and narrow.
The allegations, repeatedly denied by Memphitz, have been a prominent story line on the current season of VH1′s popular Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta. They were made mostly by R&B star and cast member K. Michelle. And it so happens K. Michelle is a former Memphitz squeeze.
“You bet that Lil Wayne is concerned,” a source in Wright’s camp told Gossip Extra. “He mostly wants to make sure their daughter never gets caught in the middle of anything.”
We’re not surprised to hear that so far Memphitz’ spokeswoman had no comment. But we’d really like to know what Toya thinks about Wayne’s move.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here