*Oh, now this is some interesting ish.
Lil Wayne has reportedly hired security guards to keep a round-the-clock watch over his ex-wife and their daughter, according Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra.
Reportedly Weezy’s plunking down more than $10,000 a month to make sure Toya Wright, whom he divorced in 2007, and their daughter, Reginae, will not be harmed.
So why the beefy dudes?
It’s weirder than you think.
Wright, 28, star of Toya: A Family Affair, got married last year to record producer Mickey “Memphitz” Wright. So happens Memphitz has been accused of domestic abuse — so Lil Wayne wants to make sure someone’s on hand to keep Memphitz on the straight and narrow.
The allegations, repeatedly denied by Memphitz, have been a prominent story line on the current season of VH1′s popular Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta. They were made mostly by R&B star and cast member K. Michelle. And it so happens K. Michelle is a former Memphitz squeeze.
“You bet that Lil Wayne is concerned,” a source in Wright’s camp told Gossip Extra. “He mostly wants to make sure their daughter never gets caught in the middle of anything.”
We’re not surprised to hear that so far Memphitz’ spokeswoman had no comment. But we’d really like to know what Toya thinks about Wayne’s move.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here