*Oh, now this is some interesting ish.
Lil Wayne has reportedly hired security guards to keep a round-the-clock watch over his ex-wife and their daughter, according Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra.
Reportedly Weezy’s plunking down more than $10,000 a month to make sure Toya Wright, whom he divorced in 2007, and their daughter, Reginae, will not be harmed.
So why the beefy dudes?
It’s weirder than you think.
Wright, 28, star of Toya: A Family Affair, got married last year to record producer Mickey “Memphitz” Wright. So happens Memphitz has been accused of domestic abuse — so Lil Wayne wants to make sure someone’s on hand to keep Memphitz on the straight and narrow.
The allegations, repeatedly denied by Memphitz, have been a prominent story line on the current season of VH1′s popular Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta. They were made mostly by R&B star and cast member K. Michelle. And it so happens K. Michelle is a former Memphitz squeeze.
“You bet that Lil Wayne is concerned,” a source in Wright’s camp told Gossip Extra. “He mostly wants to make sure their daughter never gets caught in the middle of anything.”
We’re not surprised to hear that so far Memphitz’ spokeswoman had no comment. But we’d really like to know what Toya thinks about Wayne’s move.
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here