*Oh, now this is some interesting ish.
Lil Wayne has reportedly hired security guards to keep a round-the-clock watch over his ex-wife and their daughter, according Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra.
Reportedly Weezy’s plunking down more than $10,000 a month to make sure Toya Wright, whom he divorced in 2007, and their daughter, Reginae, will not be harmed.
So why the beefy dudes?
It’s weirder than you think.
Wright, 28, star of Toya: A Family Affair, got married last year to record producer Mickey “Memphitz” Wright. So happens Memphitz has been accused of domestic abuse — so Lil Wayne wants to make sure someone’s on hand to keep Memphitz on the straight and narrow.
The allegations, repeatedly denied by Memphitz, have been a prominent story line on the current season of VH1′s popular Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta. They were made mostly by R&B star and cast member K. Michelle. And it so happens K. Michelle is a former Memphitz squeeze.
“You bet that Lil Wayne is concerned,” a source in Wright’s camp told Gossip Extra. “He mostly wants to make sure their daughter never gets caught in the middle of anything.”
We’re not surprised to hear that so far Memphitz’ spokeswoman had no comment. But we’d really like to know what Toya thinks about Wayne’s move.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here