*In an interview with DJ Drama on Wednesday (August 1), Lil Wayne revealed that his new mixtape, “Dedication 4,” will hit the streets on August 15.
The effort is slated to include remixes of Ca$h Out’s “Cashin’ Out,” Big Sean’s “Burn” and Chief Keef’s “I Don’t Like.”
“Dedication 4” may be the last we hear from the rapper for some time. He also told Drama that he’s placed “rap on the backburner” to “be fully committed” to skateboarding.
“I picked up the skateboard and I thought it’d be a hobby and what happened is it’s a lifestyle,” he said. “In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It’s kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap is taking a backseat to skating.”
“I think I deserve that,” he continued. “I think fans deserve a little to no Wayne. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve been out on everybody’s song. My artists have been doing awesome. I believe my fans deserve some peace from me. I’ll be on my skateboard in the meantime.”
Weezy explained to Drama the difference, for him, between recording a mixtape versus an album.
“When I’m mentally doing the album and doing those songs, I make sure I stay on subject [and] that I’m saying things in the song [so] that you can be singing the song and repeat those things and they still make a lot of sense to actually say. I make sure I do all those things when it comes to making an album,” he said. “When I’m making a mixtape, there’s not half of that thought. I just say what comes to my mind, I make it make sense, and that’s how it goes… ‘Mixtape Weezy’ means freelancing my thoughts everywhere and just putting them together like a puzzle.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here