*In an interview with DJ Drama on Wednesday (August 1), Lil Wayne revealed that his new mixtape, “Dedication 4,” will hit the streets on August 15.
The effort is slated to include remixes of Ca$h Out’s “Cashin’ Out,” Big Sean’s “Burn” and Chief Keef’s “I Don’t Like.”
“Dedication 4″ may be the last we hear from the rapper for some time. He also told Drama that he’s placed “rap on the backburner” to “be fully committed” to skateboarding.
“I picked up the skateboard and I thought it’d be a hobby and what happened is it’s a lifestyle,” he said. “In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It’s kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap is taking a backseat to skating.”
“I think I deserve that,” he continued. “I think fans deserve a little to no Wayne. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve been out on everybody’s song. My artists have been doing awesome. I believe my fans deserve some peace from me. I’ll be on my skateboard in the meantime.”
Weezy explained to Drama the difference, for him, between recording a mixtape versus an album.
“When I’m mentally doing the album and doing those songs, I make sure I stay on subject [and] that I’m saying things in the song [so] that you can be singing the song and repeat those things and they still make a lot of sense to actually say. I make sure I do all those things when it comes to making an album,” he said. “When I’m making a mixtape, there’s not half of that thought. I just say what comes to my mind, I make it make sense, and that’s how it goes… ‘Mixtape Weezy’ means freelancing my thoughts everywhere and just putting them together like a puzzle.”
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here