*In an interview with DJ Drama on Wednesday (August 1), Lil Wayne revealed that his new mixtape, “Dedication 4,” will hit the streets on August 15.
The effort is slated to include remixes of Ca$h Out’s “Cashin’ Out,” Big Sean’s “Burn” and Chief Keef’s “I Don’t Like.”
“Dedication 4” may be the last we hear from the rapper for some time. He also told Drama that he’s placed “rap on the backburner” to “be fully committed” to skateboarding.
“I picked up the skateboard and I thought it’d be a hobby and what happened is it’s a lifestyle,” he said. “In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It’s kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap is taking a backseat to skating.”
“I think I deserve that,” he continued. “I think fans deserve a little to no Wayne. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve been out on everybody’s song. My artists have been doing awesome. I believe my fans deserve some peace from me. I’ll be on my skateboard in the meantime.”
Weezy explained to Drama the difference, for him, between recording a mixtape versus an album.
“When I’m mentally doing the album and doing those songs, I make sure I stay on subject [and] that I’m saying things in the song [so] that you can be singing the song and repeat those things and they still make a lot of sense to actually say. I make sure I do all those things when it comes to making an album,” he said. “When I’m making a mixtape, there’s not half of that thought. I just say what comes to my mind, I make it make sense, and that’s how it goes… ‘Mixtape Weezy’ means freelancing my thoughts everywhere and just putting them together like a puzzle.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Agents of Change Docu Is Centerpiece Film At PAFF
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here