Yesterday, on NBC’s “Today Show” from the London 2012 Olympics, Jones opened up about a Saturday(8/5/2012) New York Times piece that compared her to “Anna Kournikova, the former tennis pro known more for her good looks than her accomplishments on the court.”
Well, the “Valder Beebe Show” interview Lolo gave before her London appearance in the Olympic games, gives the back story of a great athlete who just happens to be beautiful.
Jones won three NCAA titles and garnered 11 All-American honors while at LSU. She won indoor national titles in 2007, 2008 and 2009 in the 60 m hurdles, with gold medals at the World Indoor Championship in 2008 and 2010.
Lolo returned to the Olympics this summer as a medal contender for the U.S. in the 100m hurdles. The easy on the eyes athlete – who famously stumbled short of what appeared to be a sure victory in Beijing, and has now come up short in London, as well – has battled persistent injury and disappointment over the last four years by sharing with the “Valder Beebe Show” listeners to “never look at life hurdles as obstacles … Look at them as opportunities.”
For more Valder BeeBe celebrity interviews, go to ValderBeeBeShow.com.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here