Yesterday, on NBC’s “Today Show” from the London 2012 Olympics, Jones opened up about a Saturday(8/5/2012) New York Times piece that compared her to “Anna Kournikova, the former tennis pro known more for her good looks than her accomplishments on the court.”
Well, the “Valder Beebe Show” interview Lolo gave before her London appearance in the Olympic games, gives the back story of a great athlete who just happens to be beautiful.
Jones won three NCAA titles and garnered 11 All-American honors while at LSU. She won indoor national titles in 2007, 2008 and 2009 in the 60 m hurdles, with gold medals at the World Indoor Championship in 2008 and 2010.
Lolo returned to the Olympics this summer as a medal contender for the U.S. in the 100m hurdles. The easy on the eyes athlete – who famously stumbled short of what appeared to be a sure victory in Beijing, and has now come up short in London, as well – has battled persistent injury and disappointment over the last four years by sharing with the “Valder Beebe Show” listeners to “never look at life hurdles as obstacles … Look at them as opportunities.”
For more Valder BeeBe celebrity interviews, go to ValderBeeBeShow.com.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here