Yesterday, on NBC’s “Today Show” from the London 2012 Olympics, Jones opened up about a Saturday(8/5/2012) New York Times piece that compared her to “Anna Kournikova, the former tennis pro known more for her good looks than her accomplishments on the court.”
Well, the “Valder Beebe Show” interview Lolo gave before her London appearance in the Olympic games, gives the back story of a great athlete who just happens to be beautiful.
Jones won three NCAA titles and garnered 11 All-American honors while at LSU. She won indoor national titles in 2007, 2008 and 2009 in the 60 m hurdles, with gold medals at the World Indoor Championship in 2008 and 2010.
Lolo returned to the Olympics this summer as a medal contender for the U.S. in the 100m hurdles. The easy on the eyes athlete – who famously stumbled short of what appeared to be a sure victory in Beijing, and has now come up short in London, as well – has battled persistent injury and disappointment over the last four years by sharing with the “Valder Beebe Show” listeners to “never look at life hurdles as obstacles … Look at them as opportunities.”
For more Valder BeeBe celebrity interviews, go to ValderBeeBeShow.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here