The rapper, whose given name is Wasalu Jaco, is a mover and a shaker and spits lyrics with powerful meaning.
Though his popularity is vastly different than his other contemporaries, he has the ability to generate a movement.
While he’s getting ready to release his next album, “Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1,” he’s anticipating a smooth release on Sept. 25 next year. His last project, “Lasers,” was met with some defiance by both the artist and his fans.
On Oct. 15, 2010 – dubbed Fiasco Friday, hundreds of Lupe fans gathered outside of Atlantic Records New York office to demand the release of his album.
More than 31,000 fans signed a petition for the same cause.
But this time around he plans for it to be different.
“It’s meant to tell the great American experience, touch on my ideas, my very rough, very unfinished, unpolished thoughts and feelings about America: American history, American culture, American society, American beauty, American food. You’ll see that laced throughout the album,” he said.
Lupe isn’t one to hold back much when it comes to his political opinions regarding war, America, and justice.
One of the songs on the new album is called, “Around My Way Freedom Ain’t Free.”
You can already tell this one is going to be more powerful than the last.
Check out the full interview here, where he talks about poverty and preachers’ pedophilia.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here