The rapper, whose given name is Wasalu Jaco, is a mover and a shaker and spits lyrics with powerful meaning.
Though his popularity is vastly different than his other contemporaries, he has the ability to generate a movement.
While he’s getting ready to release his next album, “Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1,” he’s anticipating a smooth release on Sept. 25 next year. His last project, “Lasers,” was met with some defiance by both the artist and his fans.
On Oct. 15, 2010 – dubbed Fiasco Friday, hundreds of Lupe fans gathered outside of Atlantic Records New York office to demand the release of his album.
More than 31,000 fans signed a petition for the same cause.
But this time around he plans for it to be different.
“It’s meant to tell the great American experience, touch on my ideas, my very rough, very unfinished, unpolished thoughts and feelings about America: American history, American culture, American society, American beauty, American food. You’ll see that laced throughout the album,” he said.
Lupe isn’t one to hold back much when it comes to his political opinions regarding war, America, and justice.
One of the songs on the new album is called, “Around My Way Freedom Ain’t Free.”
You can already tell this one is going to be more powerful than the last.
Check out the full interview here, where he talks about poverty and preachers’ pedophilia.
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here