The rapper, whose given name is Wasalu Jaco, is a mover and a shaker and spits lyrics with powerful meaning.
Though his popularity is vastly different than his other contemporaries, he has the ability to generate a movement.
While he’s getting ready to release his next album, “Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1,” he’s anticipating a smooth release on Sept. 25 next year. His last project, “Lasers,” was met with some defiance by both the artist and his fans.
On Oct. 15, 2010 – dubbed Fiasco Friday, hundreds of Lupe fans gathered outside of Atlantic Records New York office to demand the release of his album.
More than 31,000 fans signed a petition for the same cause.
But this time around he plans for it to be different.
“It’s meant to tell the great American experience, touch on my ideas, my very rough, very unfinished, unpolished thoughts and feelings about America: American history, American culture, American society, American beauty, American food. You’ll see that laced throughout the album,” he said.
Lupe isn’t one to hold back much when it comes to his political opinions regarding war, America, and justice.
One of the songs on the new album is called, “Around My Way Freedom Ain’t Free.”
You can already tell this one is going to be more powerful than the last.
Check out the full interview here, where he talks about poverty and preachers’ pedophilia.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here