The rapper, whose given name is Wasalu Jaco, is a mover and a shaker and spits lyrics with powerful meaning.
Though his popularity is vastly different than his other contemporaries, he has the ability to generate a movement.
While he’s getting ready to release his next album, “Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1,” he’s anticipating a smooth release on Sept. 25 next year. His last project, “Lasers,” was met with some defiance by both the artist and his fans.
On Oct. 15, 2010 – dubbed Fiasco Friday, hundreds of Lupe fans gathered outside of Atlantic Records New York office to demand the release of his album.
More than 31,000 fans signed a petition for the same cause.
But this time around he plans for it to be different.
“It’s meant to tell the great American experience, touch on my ideas, my very rough, very unfinished, unpolished thoughts and feelings about America: American history, American culture, American society, American beauty, American food. You’ll see that laced throughout the album,” he said.
Lupe isn’t one to hold back much when it comes to his political opinions regarding war, America, and justice.
One of the songs on the new album is called, “Around My Way Freedom Ain’t Free.”
You can already tell this one is going to be more powerful than the last.
Check out the full interview here, where he talks about poverty and preachers’ pedophilia.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here