Barnes, now formerly with the LA Lakers, is being sued for $25,000 minimum after allegedly rear-ending a car on an L.A. freeway last year and causing the family inside injuries, reports TMZ.
The family just filed a lawsuit against the NBA player, claiming they were driving on the Harbor Freeway in March 2011 when Barnes plowed into the back of their car.
According to the lawsuit, there were 4 people total in the vehicle Matt allegedly hit — including 3 minors — and all were injured during the accident.
Now, the alleged victims are demanding unspecified damages for medical bills, property damage, and more — totaling $25,000 at the very least.
It’s the latest legal headache for the basketball star — you’ll recall, Matt was arrested just last week in Manhattan Beach for an outstanding traffic warrant and resisting arrest.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here