Barnes, now formerly with the LA Lakers, is being sued for $25,000 minimum after allegedly rear-ending a car on an L.A. freeway last year and causing the family inside injuries, reports TMZ.
The family just filed a lawsuit against the NBA player, claiming they were driving on the Harbor Freeway in March 2011 when Barnes plowed into the back of their car.
According to the lawsuit, there were 4 people total in the vehicle Matt allegedly hit — including 3 minors — and all were injured during the accident.
Now, the alleged victims are demanding unspecified damages for medical bills, property damage, and more — totaling $25,000 at the very least.
It’s the latest legal headache for the basketball star — you’ll recall, Matt was arrested just last week in Manhattan Beach for an outstanding traffic warrant and resisting arrest.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here