Barnes, now formerly with the LA Lakers, is being sued for $25,000 minimum after allegedly rear-ending a car on an L.A. freeway last year and causing the family inside injuries, reports TMZ.
The family just filed a lawsuit against the NBA player, claiming they were driving on the Harbor Freeway in March 2011 when Barnes plowed into the back of their car.
According to the lawsuit, there were 4 people total in the vehicle Matt allegedly hit — including 3 minors — and all were injured during the accident.
Now, the alleged victims are demanding unspecified damages for medical bills, property damage, and more — totaling $25,000 at the very least.
It’s the latest legal headache for the basketball star — you’ll recall, Matt was arrested just last week in Manhattan Beach for an outstanding traffic warrant and resisting arrest.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here