The Hip Hop pioneer performed her butt off at the Essence Music Festival’s block party event at Champions Square in New Orleans last month.
But she took a few moments after her set to share with the audience about the work she’s doing through her organization for young women called Hip Hop Sisters.
Hip Hop Sisters is focused on enlightening and empowering women.
Lyte isn’t doing it on her own, though. Kelly Price, Faith Evans and Chilli are all on board as well.
“Hopefully, the women who have the experience can trickle it down to the young ones,” Lyte says. “And the young ones can teach the older ones why they act the way they do.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Beyond that, the Moca Café radio host admitted she’s a fan of Kanye West due mostly to his honesty and creativity.
“It seems like after he was in that bad accident years ago, he’s lost his filter,” she says with a laugh. “He just doesn’t have one … And it’s like he was saying the other day at the BET Awards, ‘I wish Jay was here. I never know what to say politically correct.’ That’s real. Like, when he said, ‘George Bush doesn’t care about black people.’ It was just like, ‘Oh my god! Somebody said it!'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here