The Hip Hop pioneer performed her butt off at the Essence Music Festival’s block party event at Champions Square in New Orleans last month.
But she took a few moments after her set to share with the audience about the work she’s doing through her organization for young women called Hip Hop Sisters.
Hip Hop Sisters is focused on enlightening and empowering women.
Lyte isn’t doing it on her own, though. Kelly Price, Faith Evans and Chilli are all on board as well.
“Hopefully, the women who have the experience can trickle it down to the young ones,” Lyte says. “And the young ones can teach the older ones why they act the way they do.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Beyond that, the Moca Café radio host admitted she’s a fan of Kanye West due mostly to his honesty and creativity.
“It seems like after he was in that bad accident years ago, he’s lost his filter,” she says with a laugh. “He just doesn’t have one … And it’s like he was saying the other day at the BET Awards, ‘I wish Jay was here. I never know what to say politically correct.’ That’s real. Like, when he said, ‘George Bush doesn’t care about black people.’ It was just like, ‘Oh my god! Somebody said it!'”
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here