The Hip Hop pioneer performed her butt off at the Essence Music Festival’s block party event at Champions Square in New Orleans last month.
But she took a few moments after her set to share with the audience about the work she’s doing through her organization for young women called Hip Hop Sisters.
Hip Hop Sisters is focused on enlightening and empowering women.
Lyte isn’t doing it on her own, though. Kelly Price, Faith Evans and Chilli are all on board as well.
“Hopefully, the women who have the experience can trickle it down to the young ones,” Lyte says. “And the young ones can teach the older ones why they act the way they do.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Beyond that, the Moca Café radio host admitted she’s a fan of Kanye West due mostly to his honesty and creativity.
“It seems like after he was in that bad accident years ago, he’s lost his filter,” she says with a laugh. “He just doesn’t have one … And it’s like he was saying the other day at the BET Awards, ‘I wish Jay was here. I never know what to say politically correct.’ That’s real. Like, when he said, ‘George Bush doesn’t care about black people.’ It was just like, ‘Oh my god! Somebody said it!'”
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here