*While it’s not exactly like Katrina in sheer force and damage, for the folks in Louisiana Hurricane Issac is no punk, either.
Just ask MSNBC host Melissa Harris Perry. Yesterday she tweeted that her new home had been destroyed by the storm.
Harris-Perry and her husband closed on the purchase of what one could only be described as a “fixer-upper” (the house lacked all four walls) just last month. She excitedly announced that she and her family planned to restore the New Orleans property that was destroyed and abandoned during Katrina.
On her Sunday MSNBC show, the Tulane University professor acknowledged the anniversary of Katrina by giving viewers a tour of what she called her “extreme home makeover.” Harris-Perry described the ripped-apart home as a safety concern and the “site of crime” in the neighborhood.
“To try to address that, we have purchased this house with the goal of completely renovating it, bringing it back to life, and contributing ultimately to the safety and security of this neighborhood,” she said. “For me, this house is representative of New Orleans and what we are facing since [Katrina].” She later called the property “just a physical thing” but “also a symbol of hope.”
But then on Wednesday, Harris-Perry tweeted the photograph above of the damage done by Isaac. A substantial portion of the house was destroyed. She wrote that she was “feeling sad,” but that everyone was safe. “House was vacant except for my dreams,” she wrote.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here