*One of the executors of Michael Jackson’s estate is defending the decisions made since the singer’s death, insisting officials have succeeded in ensuring financial security for Jackson’s three children.
John Branca and John McClain were put in charge of the King of Pop’s affairs after he died in 2009, and they made headlines recently when Michael’s siblings Janet, Jermaine, Tito, Rebbie and Randy Jackson launched a public battle to have the pair removed as executors.
Tito and Jermaine subsequently withdrew from the bid to have them overthrown.
Branca claims the deals they put in place paid off the singer’s $200 million in debts and made sure his three kids – Prince, Paris and Blanket – are taken care of in the future.
“When Michael Jackson died, he was near bankruptcy. Now we know the kids will be okay,” Branca told The Associated Press. “Michael had a will and a trust and that’s what we follow… We feel Michael entrusted us with his legacy and with the future of his mother and children. We’re honoured and proud and passionate about celebrating Michael. It’s a labor of love for us. We love Michael.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here