*One of the executors of Michael Jackson’s estate is defending the decisions made since the singer’s death, insisting officials have succeeded in ensuring financial security for Jackson’s three children.
John Branca and John McClain were put in charge of the King of Pop’s affairs after he died in 2009, and they made headlines recently when Michael’s siblings Janet, Jermaine, Tito, Rebbie and Randy Jackson launched a public battle to have the pair removed as executors.
Tito and Jermaine subsequently withdrew from the bid to have them overthrown.
Branca claims the deals they put in place paid off the singer’s $200 million in debts and made sure his three kids – Prince, Paris and Blanket – are taken care of in the future.
“When Michael Jackson died, he was near bankruptcy. Now we know the kids will be okay,” Branca told The Associated Press. “Michael had a will and a trust and that’s what we follow… We feel Michael entrusted us with his legacy and with the future of his mother and children. We’re honoured and proud and passionate about celebrating Michael. It’s a labor of love for us. We love Michael.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here