*A website for women, iVillage, announced today that Michelle Obama has accepted their invitation to serve as guest editor for a week, reports the Associated Press. Her focus will be on back-to-school issues.
The first lady has been working with iVillage staffers to address challenges, including healthy eating for students and how to balance busy family schedules, the site said.
“We shared all kinds of stories (both success stories and cautionary tales) and tips about how to help our kids be healthy and succeed this school year,” and now iVillage visitors will have a chance to add to the discussion, Mrs. Obama said in a statement.
She’ll be featured in a video interview running throughout the week and has created and curated articles and other content, some drawing on her “Let’s Move!” initiative to get kids interested in fitness and good nutrition, iVillage said.
Personal anecdotes and previously unseen family photos will offer a peek at how Mrs. Obama handles the start of the school year.
The “Rev up Your Back-to-School Routine” series with the first lady begins Aug. 20 on iVillage, part of NBCUniversal.
Mrs. Obama is the first in a series of guest editors, said Jodi Kahn, iVillage president. Other participants have yet to be announced.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here