*Miramax is attempting to garner the necessary support to get “Paid in Full” on Blu-ray.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Charles Stone III’s groundbreaking film about three Harlem friends and the hip-hop culture they epitomized.
Based on true events, “Paid in Full” tells the cautionary tale of Ace, Mitch, and Rico — three friends whose illegal exploits resulted in riches, notoriety, and ultimate tragedy.
When it premiered on October 25, 2002, the film drew comparisons to iconic crime films like “Goodfellas,” “Casino,” and “The Godfather,” though to this day, it has yet to be released on Blu-ray.
The company recently set up an online petition to get 25K signatures to convince the distributor that it will be worth the effort.
“Paid in Full,” the seminal hip-hop classic from Miramax & Roc-A-Fella Films stars Cam’ron, Mikhi Phifer and Wood Harris. The title of the film was inspired by Eric B. & Rakim’s debut album.
Check out the petition here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Chris Angelo Word and Alfred Torregano's 'Optimal Nutrition': A Life Driven Story
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here