*Miramax is attempting to garner the necessary support to get “Paid in Full” on Blu-ray.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Charles Stone III’s groundbreaking film about three Harlem friends and the hip-hop culture they epitomized.
Based on true events, “Paid in Full” tells the cautionary tale of Ace, Mitch, and Rico — three friends whose illegal exploits resulted in riches, notoriety, and ultimate tragedy.
When it premiered on October 25, 2002, the film drew comparisons to iconic crime films like “Goodfellas,” “Casino,” and “The Godfather,” though to this day, it has yet to be released on Blu-ray.
The company recently set up an online petition to get 25K signatures to convince the distributor that it will be worth the effort.
“Paid in Full,” the seminal hip-hop classic from Miramax & Roc-A-Fella Films stars Cam’ron, Mikhi Phifer and Wood Harris. The title of the film was inspired by Eric B. & Rakim’s debut album.
Check out the petition here.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here