*Miramax is attempting to garner the necessary support to get “Paid in Full” on Blu-ray.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Charles Stone III’s groundbreaking film about three Harlem friends and the hip-hop culture they epitomized.
Based on true events, “Paid in Full” tells the cautionary tale of Ace, Mitch, and Rico — three friends whose illegal exploits resulted in riches, notoriety, and ultimate tragedy.
When it premiered on October 25, 2002, the film drew comparisons to iconic crime films like “Goodfellas,” “Casino,” and “The Godfather,” though to this day, it has yet to be released on Blu-ray.
The company recently set up an online petition to get 25K signatures to convince the distributor that it will be worth the effort.
“Paid in Full,” the seminal hip-hop classic from Miramax & Roc-A-Fella Films stars Cam’ron, Mikhi Phifer and Wood Harris. The title of the film was inspired by Eric B. & Rakim’s debut album.
Check out the petition here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here