*Miramax is attempting to garner the necessary support to get “Paid in Full” on Blu-ray.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Charles Stone III’s groundbreaking film about three Harlem friends and the hip-hop culture they epitomized.
Based on true events, “Paid in Full” tells the cautionary tale of Ace, Mitch, and Rico — three friends whose illegal exploits resulted in riches, notoriety, and ultimate tragedy.
When it premiered on October 25, 2002, the film drew comparisons to iconic crime films like “Goodfellas,” “Casino,” and “The Godfather,” though to this day, it has yet to be released on Blu-ray.
The company recently set up an online petition to get 25K signatures to convince the distributor that it will be worth the effort.
“Paid in Full,” the seminal hip-hop classic from Miramax & Roc-A-Fella Films stars Cam’ron, Mikhi Phifer and Wood Harris. The title of the film was inspired by Eric B. & Rakim’s debut album.
Check out the petition here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here