*Miramax is attempting to garner the necessary support to get “Paid in Full” on Blu-ray.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Charles Stone III’s groundbreaking film about three Harlem friends and the hip-hop culture they epitomized.
Based on true events, “Paid in Full” tells the cautionary tale of Ace, Mitch, and Rico — three friends whose illegal exploits resulted in riches, notoriety, and ultimate tragedy.
When it premiered on October 25, 2002, the film drew comparisons to iconic crime films like “Goodfellas,” “Casino,” and “The Godfather,” though to this day, it has yet to be released on Blu-ray.
The company recently set up an online petition to get 25K signatures to convince the distributor that it will be worth the effort.
“Paid in Full,” the seminal hip-hop classic from Miramax & Roc-A-Fella Films stars Cam’ron, Mikhi Phifer and Wood Harris. The title of the film was inspired by Eric B. & Rakim’s debut album.
Check out the petition here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here