*The church that brought international attention to a small Mississippi town issued a moving apology Sunday reports ClarionLedger.com, admitting that any church is made up of people who “intentionally, at times, choose not to follow the Lord’s will.”
The page-long statement issued by First Baptist Church of Crystal Springs is a step toward the reconciliation church members have said they longed for since a few weeks ago when a black couple was told they were not allowed to wed in the predominantly white church.
“As a church, we express our apology to Te’Andrea and Charles Wilson for the hurt that was brought to them in the hours preceding their wedding and beyond,” the statement read.
The bride’s family, the Hendersons, continued to attend the church, saying that they had faith in Pastor Stan Weatherford and the congregation, and felt the moving of the wedding was simply due to some unfriendly church members.
A photo sent to The Clarion-Ledger by a congregant of the church shows what the member said was another black family joining the church on Sunday.
Read the full story at ClarionLedger.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here