*(Atlanta) – On the day (August 29) of what would have been Michael Jackson’s 54th birthday, veteran entertainment attorney James Walker has been tapped by Clark-Atlanta University to teach an exciting new MBA course that explores the incredible business legacy created the late pop icon Michael Jackson.
Titled, “Michael Jackson: The Business of Music,” the class will feature a curriculum that reviews everything about Jackson’s empire – from how he negotiated and his tours Record Deals, Tours and Merchandising, to how he revolutionized legal practices related to entertainment Copyrights, Trademarks, Licenses and more.
The course will also highlight the late pop-star’s dealing in TV, Real Estate, Film and Music Publishing.
“The goal is to help students who have an interest or future desire to work in the entertainment industry whether as artist, attorney, business manager, accountant or other,” says Walker. “I’ve taught classes at Yukon University, Boston College and other places covering a lot of topics related to entertainment and the legal profession, but this course allows me to really provide my students with a comprehensive understanding of the music industry and the business mechanics involved.”
The world’s most successful entertainer, Michael Jackson created an empire that is virtually unrivaled in history. Due to his unparalleled achievements as a recording artist, Jackson further parlayed his success through shrewd investments that transformed the industry. Although deeply in debt at the time of his untimely death in 2009, “The King of Pop,” as Jackson was known, was in control of assets estimated in excess of 2 billion dollars.
With a long list of high-profile clients that has included Academy Award- winning entertainer Jamie Foxx, BET star Dr. Bobby Jones, award winning artists Dr. Shirley Caesar, Freddie Jackson, Donald Lawrence and DMX among others, James Walker is the ultimate industry insider. In additional to his successful legal practice, the Yale and Howard University alum is also the author of the bestselling book, “This Business of Urban Music” (Random House| Billboard Books). He maintains offices in Monroe, Connecticut and Atlanta, Georgia.
For interview opportunities and more information, please contact Robertson Treatment: 310-927-3378
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here