*NBC has denied a story in today’s New York Daily News that claims Hoda Kotb, co-host of “Today’s” fourth hour, has been dispatched to London to help rejuvenate the morning show’s Olympics coverage in the midst of plummeting ratings.
The paper cited “a network insider” who said Kotb was supposed to be going on vacation during “Today’s” two-week Olympic reporting, but was called in to help out with hosting on Thursday after the show’s pre-Olympics broadcast failed to match the ratings of ABC’s rival show “Good Morning America.”
The source went on to explain that network executives practically “begged” Hoda to fly over, adding “they’re just shoehorning her into the show to help bring it alive.”
“Absolute nonsense. That’s a garbage story,” said “Today’s” executive producer Jim Bell of the Daily News article while appearing on SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio. “Anybody who watches the show knows that we’ve been running a thing with Kathie Lee and Hoda for weeks talking about why Hoda should go to the Olympics. So I have no idea. It was pathetic reporting.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here