*NBC has denied a story in today’s New York Daily News that claims Hoda Kotb, co-host of “Today’s” fourth hour, has been dispatched to London to help rejuvenate the morning show’s Olympics coverage in the midst of plummeting ratings.
The paper cited “a network insider” who said Kotb was supposed to be going on vacation during “Today’s” two-week Olympic reporting, but was called in to help out with hosting on Thursday after the show’s pre-Olympics broadcast failed to match the ratings of ABC’s rival show “Good Morning America.”
The source went on to explain that network executives practically “begged” Hoda to fly over, adding “they’re just shoehorning her into the show to help bring it alive.”
“Absolute nonsense. That’s a garbage story,” said “Today’s” executive producer Jim Bell of the Daily News article while appearing on SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio. “Anybody who watches the show knows that we’ve been running a thing with Kathie Lee and Hoda for weeks talking about why Hoda should go to the Olympics. So I have no idea. It was pathetic reporting.”
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here