*NBC has denied a story in today’s New York Daily News that claims Hoda Kotb, co-host of “Today’s” fourth hour, has been dispatched to London to help rejuvenate the morning show’s Olympics coverage in the midst of plummeting ratings.
The paper cited “a network insider” who said Kotb was supposed to be going on vacation during “Today’s” two-week Olympic reporting, but was called in to help out with hosting on Thursday after the show’s pre-Olympics broadcast failed to match the ratings of ABC’s rival show “Good Morning America.”
The source went on to explain that network executives practically “begged” Hoda to fly over, adding “they’re just shoehorning her into the show to help bring it alive.”
“Absolute nonsense. That’s a garbage story,” said “Today’s” executive producer Jim Bell of the Daily News article while appearing on SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio. “Anybody who watches the show knows that we’ve been running a thing with Kathie Lee and Hoda for weeks talking about why Hoda should go to the Olympics. So I have no idea. It was pathetic reporting.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here