*NBC has denied a story in today’s New York Daily News that claims Hoda Kotb, co-host of “Today’s” fourth hour, has been dispatched to London to help rejuvenate the morning show’s Olympics coverage in the midst of plummeting ratings.
The paper cited “a network insider” who said Kotb was supposed to be going on vacation during “Today’s” two-week Olympic reporting, but was called in to help out with hosting on Thursday after the show’s pre-Olympics broadcast failed to match the ratings of ABC’s rival show “Good Morning America.”
The source went on to explain that network executives practically “begged” Hoda to fly over, adding “they’re just shoehorning her into the show to help bring it alive.”
“Absolute nonsense. That’s a garbage story,” said “Today’s” executive producer Jim Bell of the Daily News article while appearing on SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio. “Anybody who watches the show knows that we’ve been running a thing with Kathie Lee and Hoda for weeks talking about why Hoda should go to the Olympics. So I have no idea. It was pathetic reporting.”
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here