*At age 40, NeNe Leakes of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” has become a grandmother.
Her granddaughter, Bri’asia Bryant, was born two months ago, but she has remained quiet about it until now, telling In Touch magazine “Forty is the new 30. I’m a sassy, fashion-forward grandma!”
NeNe says she was shocked when she learned from her 22-year-old son, Bryson, that he and his girlfriend, Ashley Hill, 21 were expecting a baby girl. It seems that Bryson was hesitant to tell his mom about the baby as he wasn’t sure how she’d react.
In Touch reports: “I only found out about everything because I ran into Ashley when she was more than six months along,” NeNe tells In Touch in an exclusive interview. “I said, ‘You look pregnant.’ And she said, ‘Hasn’t Bryson told you?’ But he hadn’t because he knew that I wouldn’t approve of him having a child so young.”
“I didn’t feel like he was ready for such a big responsibility,” she says. “I was his age when I had him, so I know how tough it is. I didn’t want him to make the same mistakes that I did. I needed to let it sink in.”
Once little Bri’asia was born in mid-June, NeNe’s heart thawed: “I always wanted to have a girl,” she says, “and now I have one! She’s just adorable.”
NeNe’s wallet thawed as well: “I paid for everything in the nursery: the clothing, the diapers. I don’t want her to feel strapped.” She told In Touch that she’s gone completely “crazy” buying gifts for the baby, including “little dresses, sparkly headbands, and Gucci shoes … We just love her!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here