According to the AP, both Obama and Romney as are accepting text contributions as a way to tap small-dollar donors. The Federal Election Commission has given the practice a green light.
To give to Obama, mobile users on most cell carriers can text “GIVE” to 62262 and give up to $50, and the charge will appear on the user’s phone bill.
Campaign manager Jim Messina says text donations will help the campaign engage more grassroots supporters “who want to play a role by donating whatever they can afford to the campaign.”
Supporters can contribute a maximum of $200 via text per election cycle.
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here