According to the AP, both Obama and Romney as are accepting text contributions as a way to tap small-dollar donors. The Federal Election Commission has given the practice a green light.
To give to Obama, mobile users on most cell carriers can text “GIVE” to 62262 and give up to $50, and the charge will appear on the user’s phone bill.
Campaign manager Jim Messina says text donations will help the campaign engage more grassroots supporters “who want to play a role by donating whatever they can afford to the campaign.”
Supporters can contribute a maximum of $200 via text per election cycle.
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here