*One of the many accusations of President Obama is that he is a Muslim.
But why do people think this?
What did they read? Do they feel it’s because of his name?
Here’s a column on why some Christians think President Obama is a Muslim.
Ever since the first anonymous email circulated claiming he was a Muslim, President Obama has maintained that he is a Christian. In fact, he told Christianity Today “I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
That widely-publicized interview and his repeating of that same statement on several occasions did little to sway those that refused to believe he isn’t a Muslim. In fact, according to The Huffington Post that erroneous belief continues to this day:
Three and a half years into the presidency of Barack Obama, 17 percent of registered voters still believe that he is a Muslim despite the fact that he is a Christian, according to a poll released Thursday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. Forty-nine percent correctly identified that he is a Christian, while 31 percent of respondents said they did not know.
Read more at MadameNoire.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here