*In an all-new episode of “Super Soul Sunday,” media mogul Oprah Winfrey sits down with rookie film director Benh Zeitlin, and breakout stars, Dwight Henry, and 8-year-old Quenzhané Wallis from “Beast of the Southern Wild.”
In the show, Oprah discusses the new writer/director’s transition to film and making a remarkable creation with a minimum budget.
The Sundance Film Festival’s Grand Jury Prize winner has won the hearts of millions, including Oprah.
“Beasts of the Southern Wild” is the story of a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee where six-year old Hushpuppy exists on the brink of being orphaned.
Buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, Hushpuppy believes that the natural world is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality.
Desperate to repair the structure of her world in order to save her ailing father and sinking home, this tiny hero must learn to survive unstoppable catastrophes of epic proportions.
The new “Super Soul Sunday” episode airs Aug. 26 at 11am E/P on OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here