*In an all-new episode of “Super Soul Sunday,” media mogul Oprah Winfrey sits down with rookie film director Benh Zeitlin, and breakout stars, Dwight Henry, and 8-year-old Quenzhané Wallis from “Beast of the Southern Wild.”
In the show, Oprah discusses the new writer/director’s transition to film and making a remarkable creation with a minimum budget.
The Sundance Film Festival’s Grand Jury Prize winner has won the hearts of millions, including Oprah.
“Beasts of the Southern Wild” is the story of a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee where six-year old Hushpuppy exists on the brink of being orphaned.
Buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, Hushpuppy believes that the natural world is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality.
Desperate to repair the structure of her world in order to save her ailing father and sinking home, this tiny hero must learn to survive unstoppable catastrophes of epic proportions.
The new “Super Soul Sunday” episode airs Aug. 26 at 11am E/P on OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here