*In an all-new episode of “Super Soul Sunday,” media mogul Oprah Winfrey sits down with rookie film director Benh Zeitlin, and breakout stars, Dwight Henry, and 8-year-old Quenzhané Wallis from “Beast of the Southern Wild.”
In the show, Oprah discusses the new writer/director’s transition to film and making a remarkable creation with a minimum budget.
The Sundance Film Festival’s Grand Jury Prize winner has won the hearts of millions, including Oprah.
“Beasts of the Southern Wild” is the story of a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee where six-year old Hushpuppy exists on the brink of being orphaned.
Buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, Hushpuppy believes that the natural world is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality.
Desperate to repair the structure of her world in order to save her ailing father and sinking home, this tiny hero must learn to survive unstoppable catastrophes of epic proportions.
The new “Super Soul Sunday” episode airs Aug. 26 at 11am E/P on OWN.
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here