*In an all-new episode of “Super Soul Sunday,” media mogul Oprah Winfrey sits down with rookie film director Benh Zeitlin, and breakout stars, Dwight Henry, and 8-year-old Quenzhané Wallis from “Beast of the Southern Wild.”
In the show, Oprah discusses the new writer/director’s transition to film and making a remarkable creation with a minimum budget.
The Sundance Film Festival’s Grand Jury Prize winner has won the hearts of millions, including Oprah.
“Beasts of the Southern Wild” is the story of a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee where six-year old Hushpuppy exists on the brink of being orphaned.
Buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, Hushpuppy believes that the natural world is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality.
Desperate to repair the structure of her world in order to save her ailing father and sinking home, this tiny hero must learn to survive unstoppable catastrophes of epic proportions.
The new “Super Soul Sunday” episode airs Aug. 26 at 11am E/P on OWN.
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Vanessa Williams Marries Jim Skrip in July 4th Wedding (Pics)
- Enter & WIN in THE GALLOWS 'Found Footage' Sweepstakes from EUR and Warner Bros. /New Line Cinema
- Trump Calls Columbian Miss Universe ‘Hypocrite’ for Keeping Crown Despite Criticism
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here