*In an all-new episode of “Super Soul Sunday,” media mogul Oprah Winfrey sits down with rookie film director Benh Zeitlin, and breakout stars, Dwight Henry, and 8-year-old Quenzhané Wallis from “Beast of the Southern Wild.”
In the show, Oprah discusses the new writer/director’s transition to film and making a remarkable creation with a minimum budget.
The Sundance Film Festival’s Grand Jury Prize winner has won the hearts of millions, including Oprah.
“Beasts of the Southern Wild” is the story of a forgotten but defiant bayou community cut off from the rest of the world by a sprawling levee where six-year old Hushpuppy exists on the brink of being orphaned.
Buoyed by her childish optimism and extraordinary imagination, Hushpuppy believes that the natural world is in balance with the universe until a fierce storm changes her reality.
Desperate to repair the structure of her world in order to save her ailing father and sinking home, this tiny hero must learn to survive unstoppable catastrophes of epic proportions.
The new “Super Soul Sunday” episode airs Aug. 26 at 11am E/P on OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here