*GMC TV presents “Somebody’s Child” starring NAACP Image Award nominee Michael Jai White (“Why Did I Get Married Too,” “We The Party”), Emmy Award winner Lynn Whitfield (“The Josephine Baker Story,” “Eve’s Bayou”), and Byron Minns (“Undisputed”) in a powerful drama of a family united.
Based on Siddeeqah Powell’s original screenplay “Somebody’s Child” makes its world television premiere on Saturday, August 25 at 7:00, 9:00 and 11:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 26 at 7:00, 9:00 and 11:00 p.m., with an encore presentation on Monday, September 10 at 9:00 p.m.
A divine twist of fate causes Constance Rivers, played by Whitfield, and her son Douglas (White) to open their hearts to an ex-convict, Benjamin Sparks (Byron Minns). While on the brink of losing her battle with kidney failure, Constance’s near death confession instantly collides her past with her present, revealing Douglas and Benjamin are fraternal twin brothers who were separated at birth 37 years ago. Shocked, confused and on the verge of losing their mother, the two men must work to develop a bond of brotherhood that will last a lifetime and give their mother peace.
“We discovered Somebody’s Child as a finalist in the American Black Film Festival’s (ABFF) 2011 GMC Faith and Family Screenplay Competition,” explains Brad Siegel, vice-chairman of GMC. “Our goal was to find strong and unique stories that would resonate with African-American families. We wanted to encourage the creative community to tell stories where faith and family could be organic to any type of story. It didn’t have to be church based.”
“Somebody’s Child is an emotionally rewarding family story that demonstrates the true power of faith, love and forgiveness,” adds Leslie Chesloff, GMC’s executive vice president of programming. “We are very pleased to be able to present this to our GMC family of viewers.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here