Barry White love songs have been encouraging Chilean flamingos to breed.
The classic tunes by the “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” hitmaker and also by Marvin Gaye are being played into the animals’ enclosure in Drusillas Park, east Sussex, in an attempt to get the wading birds in the mood for love.
Pre-recorded mating sounds have also been played to the flamingos, and the tunes have already seen instant results after one couple, Maurice and Gabriella, gave birth to a chick.
Zoo manager Sue Woodgate said: “We are absolutely delighted with the progress of the flamingo chick.
“I was lucky enough to be at the enclosure when it hatched. The keepers and I were so excited to see the little grey flamingo emerge from its shell under the watchful eye of its parents.”
And since we’re talking Barry White and baby, er, Flamingo chick making music, let’s flashback with the maestro of love and check out his live performance of “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe”
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here