Barry White love songs have been encouraging Chilean flamingos to breed.
The classic tunes by the “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” hitmaker and also by Marvin Gaye are being played into the animals’ enclosure in Drusillas Park, east Sussex, in an attempt to get the wading birds in the mood for love.
Pre-recorded mating sounds have also been played to the flamingos, and the tunes have already seen instant results after one couple, Maurice and Gabriella, gave birth to a chick.
Zoo manager Sue Woodgate said: “We are absolutely delighted with the progress of the flamingo chick.
“I was lucky enough to be at the enclosure when it hatched. The keepers and I were so excited to see the little grey flamingo emerge from its shell under the watchful eye of its parents.”
And since we’re talking Barry White and baby, er, Flamingo chick making music, let’s flashback with the maestro of love and check out his live performance of “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Tracy Morgan Performs First Standup Gig Since Crash
- Steven Ivory: If You're Tired of Starting Over....
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here