*R&B star R. Kelly has pulled out of the music cruise he was scheduled to headline for his fans in October.
According to TMZ, the three-time Grammy Award winner never got paid for the five-night “Love Letter Cruise,” which was set to begin Oct. 1 in Miami aboard the 2,642-passenger Carnival Destiny. Love Letter is the name of Kelly’s latest album.
“R. Kelly had been looking forward to the cruise and was ready, willing and able to perform for fans,” TMZ quotes a Kelly representative as saying. “He is sorry for any disappointment but plans to see his fans very soon on a U.S. tour.”
Organized by Concerts Cruise in association with Bling1 Entertainment, the “Love Letter Cruise” was scheduled to include calls in Grand Turks; Nassau, Bahamas; and Half Moon Cay, a private island in the Bahamas. Fares started at $1,499 per person, based on double occupancy.
TMZ says R. Kelly fans who signed up for the cruise are getting notices of its cancellation and will receive full refunds.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here