*R&B star R. Kelly has pulled out of the music cruise he was scheduled to headline for his fans in October.
According to TMZ, the three-time Grammy Award winner never got paid for the five-night “Love Letter Cruise,” which was set to begin Oct. 1 in Miami aboard the 2,642-passenger Carnival Destiny. Love Letter is the name of Kelly’s latest album.
“R. Kelly had been looking forward to the cruise and was ready, willing and able to perform for fans,” TMZ quotes a Kelly representative as saying. “He is sorry for any disappointment but plans to see his fans very soon on a U.S. tour.”
Organized by Concerts Cruise in association with Bling1 Entertainment, the “Love Letter Cruise” was scheduled to include calls in Grand Turks; Nassau, Bahamas; and Half Moon Cay, a private island in the Bahamas. Fares started at $1,499 per person, based on double occupancy.
TMZ says R. Kelly fans who signed up for the cruise are getting notices of its cancellation and will receive full refunds.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here