*R&B star R. Kelly has pulled out of the music cruise he was scheduled to headline for his fans in October.
According to TMZ, the three-time Grammy Award winner never got paid for the five-night “Love Letter Cruise,” which was set to begin Oct. 1 in Miami aboard the 2,642-passenger Carnival Destiny. Love Letter is the name of Kelly’s latest album.
“R. Kelly had been looking forward to the cruise and was ready, willing and able to perform for fans,” TMZ quotes a Kelly representative as saying. “He is sorry for any disappointment but plans to see his fans very soon on a U.S. tour.”
Organized by Concerts Cruise in association with Bling1 Entertainment, the “Love Letter Cruise” was scheduled to include calls in Grand Turks; Nassau, Bahamas; and Half Moon Cay, a private island in the Bahamas. Fares started at $1,499 per person, based on double occupancy.
TMZ says R. Kelly fans who signed up for the cruise are getting notices of its cancellation and will receive full refunds.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here