*R&B star R. Kelly has pulled out of the music cruise he was scheduled to headline for his fans in October.
According to TMZ, the three-time Grammy Award winner never got paid for the five-night “Love Letter Cruise,” which was set to begin Oct. 1 in Miami aboard the 2,642-passenger Carnival Destiny. Love Letter is the name of Kelly’s latest album.
“R. Kelly had been looking forward to the cruise and was ready, willing and able to perform for fans,” TMZ quotes a Kelly representative as saying. “He is sorry for any disappointment but plans to see his fans very soon on a U.S. tour.”
Organized by Concerts Cruise in association with Bling1 Entertainment, the “Love Letter Cruise” was scheduled to include calls in Grand Turks; Nassau, Bahamas; and Half Moon Cay, a private island in the Bahamas. Fares started at $1,499 per person, based on double occupancy.
TMZ says R. Kelly fans who signed up for the cruise are getting notices of its cancellation and will receive full refunds.
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here