*(Via LA Times) – Republican Party officials Saturday night canceled most of the Monday opening of the GOP’s presidential nominating convention, bowing to the threat posed as Tropical Storm Isaac barrelled toward Florida.
“Out of an abundance of caution, we want to make sure everyone attending the convention is safe and everyone in Florida is not unnecessarily hindered by any activities taking place,” Bill Harris, the convention’s chief executive, said in a telephone briefing to reporters.
Under the revised plans, the convention will formally gavel open on Monday, then recess until Tuesday. The roll call officially installing former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as the party’s presidential nominee will take place Tuesday, instead of Monday as originally planned.
Read/learn more at LA Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here