*(Via LA Times) – Republican Party officials Saturday night canceled most of the Monday opening of the GOP’s presidential nominating convention, bowing to the threat posed as Tropical Storm Isaac barrelled toward Florida.
“Out of an abundance of caution, we want to make sure everyone attending the convention is safe and everyone in Florida is not unnecessarily hindered by any activities taking place,” Bill Harris, the convention’s chief executive, said in a telephone briefing to reporters.
Under the revised plans, the convention will formally gavel open on Monday, then recess until Tuesday. The roll call officially installing former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as the party’s presidential nominee will take place Tuesday, instead of Monday as originally planned.
Read/learn more at LA Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here