*Rapper Rick Ross claims his fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 as his latest, “God Forgives, I Don’t,” opens atop the chart with 218,000 sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.
That gives the Maybach mogul his best sales week yet, topping the 198,000 that “Trilla” opened with at No. 1 in 2008, reports Billboard. Ross has previously led the chart with 2006’s “Port of Miami,” “Trilla” and 2009’s “Deeper Than Rap.”
Ross now has more No. 1 albums than some rappers with longer histories on the Billboard 200: like Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg, who both have three No. 1s. (Though, Ross is still far behind the man with the most No. 1s among all rap acts: Jay-Z, who has 12 toppers.)
The first-week sales of “God Forgives, I Don’t” were also buoyed by Amazon MP3, which has priced the title for $5 for the entire month of August. The set sold 90,000 downloads last week and easily arrives at No. 1 on the Digital Albums chart.
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here