*Rapper Rick Ross claims his fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 as his latest, “God Forgives, I Don’t,” opens atop the chart with 218,000 sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.
That gives the Maybach mogul his best sales week yet, topping the 198,000 that “Trilla” opened with at No. 1 in 2008, reports Billboard. Ross has previously led the chart with 2006’s “Port of Miami,” “Trilla” and 2009’s “Deeper Than Rap.”
Ross now has more No. 1 albums than some rappers with longer histories on the Billboard 200: like Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg, who both have three No. 1s. (Though, Ross is still far behind the man with the most No. 1s among all rap acts: Jay-Z, who has 12 toppers.)
The first-week sales of “God Forgives, I Don’t” were also buoyed by Amazon MP3, which has priced the title for $5 for the entire month of August. The set sold 90,000 downloads last week and easily arrives at No. 1 on the Digital Albums chart.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here