*Rapper Rick Ross claims his fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 as his latest, “God Forgives, I Don’t,” opens atop the chart with 218,000 sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.
That gives the Maybach mogul his best sales week yet, topping the 198,000 that “Trilla” opened with at No. 1 in 2008, reports Billboard. Ross has previously led the chart with 2006’s “Port of Miami,” “Trilla” and 2009’s “Deeper Than Rap.”
Ross now has more No. 1 albums than some rappers with longer histories on the Billboard 200: like Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg, who both have three No. 1s. (Though, Ross is still far behind the man with the most No. 1s among all rap acts: Jay-Z, who has 12 toppers.)
The first-week sales of “God Forgives, I Don’t” were also buoyed by Amazon MP3, which has priced the title for $5 for the entire month of August. The set sold 90,000 downloads last week and easily arrives at No. 1 on the Digital Albums chart.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here