With Mitt Romney’s newly minted running-mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) also campaigning in Iowa this week, President Obama plans to take a swipe at the vice presidential hopeful there during the first stop of a three-day bus tour across the Hawkeye state.
“He’s one of those leaders of Congress standing in the way,” the president is expected to say, referring to the Farm Bill, which is awaiting congressional approval and that the president believes will provide much needed relief for farmers and ranchers in Iowa and across the country.
“So if you happen to see Congressman Ryan, tell him how important this farm bill is to Iowa and our rural communities. It’s time to put politics aside and pass it right away,” the president is expected to say in Council Bluffs according to transcripts released by his re-election campaign.
Mr. Obama will also tout steps his administration has taken on its own to address some of the devastating effects of the drought.
Read/learn more at CNN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here