With Mitt Romney’s newly minted running-mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) also campaigning in Iowa this week, President Obama plans to take a swipe at the vice presidential hopeful there during the first stop of a three-day bus tour across the Hawkeye state.
“He’s one of those leaders of Congress standing in the way,” the president is expected to say, referring to the Farm Bill, which is awaiting congressional approval and that the president believes will provide much needed relief for farmers and ranchers in Iowa and across the country.
“So if you happen to see Congressman Ryan, tell him how important this farm bill is to Iowa and our rural communities. It’s time to put politics aside and pass it right away,” the president is expected to say in Council Bluffs according to transcripts released by his re-election campaign.
Mr. Obama will also tout steps his administration has taken on its own to address some of the devastating effects of the drought.
Read/learn more at CNN.
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here