With Mitt Romney’s newly minted running-mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) also campaigning in Iowa this week, President Obama plans to take a swipe at the vice presidential hopeful there during the first stop of a three-day bus tour across the Hawkeye state.
“He’s one of those leaders of Congress standing in the way,” the president is expected to say, referring to the Farm Bill, which is awaiting congressional approval and that the president believes will provide much needed relief for farmers and ranchers in Iowa and across the country.
“So if you happen to see Congressman Ryan, tell him how important this farm bill is to Iowa and our rural communities. It’s time to put politics aside and pass it right away,” the president is expected to say in Council Bluffs according to transcripts released by his re-election campaign.
Mr. Obama will also tout steps his administration has taken on its own to address some of the devastating effects of the drought.
Read/learn more at CNN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Beyonce's Lemonade Drama, Prince Updates, Boycotting Target and More! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here