*Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C), an annual televised fundraising special that airs live across major networks and cable channels, has announced Samuel L. Jackson and Alicia Keys among the bevy of celebrities booked to participate this year.
Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, Matt Damon, Michael Douglas, Jessica Biel, Jeremy Renner, Seth Rogen, Emma Stone, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Tim McGraw and SU2C Co-Founder Katie Couric will also appear in the broadcast which is being executive produced by Paltrow and Joel Gallen of Tenth Planet Productions in collaboration with SU2C’s production team.
Keys, Swift, Coldplay and McGraw are scheduled to perform, while Couric will host the star-studded effort to help build public support for research accelerating the delivery of new cancer therapies to patients, getting them from the “bench to the bedside” as quickly as possible. SU2C brings together scientists from different disciplines across various institutions to collaborate.
Actors and personalities including Simon Baker, Jordana Brewster, Diem Brown, Dana Delany, Chelsea Handler, Marg Helgenberger, Rashida Jones, Minka Kelly, Joe Manganiello, Jillian Michaels, Masi Oka, Ana Maria Polo, and Alison Sweeney have also been confirmed to participate in the broadcast. Additional stars and performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
As previously announced, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC will donate one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the nationally televised fundraising special on Friday, Sept. 7, to be broadcast live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
BIO, E!, ENCORE, HBO, HBO Latino, ION Television, LMN (Lifetime Movie Network), Logo, MLB Network, mun2, Palladia, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STYLE, TBS and VH1 have also committed to carry the Stand Up To Cancer telecast.
The program will include a celebrity phone/multi-media bank that will allow viewers to interact with participating talent. Viewers will also be able to donate via text-to-give and at standup2cancer.org. One hundred percent of all public donations will go directly to cancer research.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here