On Tuesday he alleged that he was taunted after being tackled and pinned to the ground by at least four LAPD officers.
On medication for a broken nose and cheekbone, an emotional Ronald Weekley Jr. says he was punched four times during the incident, which occurred on Saturday near Sunset Boulevard and Sixth Street in Venice. Cellphone video of the incident shows one of the officers landing a single punch on Weekley’s face.
“The next thing I remember is being in the back of the car asking why me, why did I get stopped?” Weekely said during a news conference Tuesday. “The officer said because I was a ‘dumb-a’ and that I didn’t stop at the stop sign.”
Weekley’s lawyer, Benjamin Crump, referenced the proliferation of cameras among the public as key in reporting these kinds of incidents.
“How many times did this happen when there are no cellphone recordings of it?” said Crump, who also represents the family of Travyon Martin, the 17-year-old killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer. The volunteer, George Zimmerman, has pleaded not guilty to a second-degree murder charge, claiming self defense. The case sparked nationwide outrage over alleged racial profiling and Florida’s controversial “Stand Your Ground Law.”
Read/learn more at NBC Los Angeles.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here