*The annual Soul Train Awards is packing up and heading west to Sin City.
The iconic show has been taped in Atlanta for the past three years, but a spokesperson for Centric Network basically said that the move is too sweet to pass up because of the unique opportunities Las Vegas has to offer.
The show – which takes place in November – will be embellished by a comedy showcase and concert, which will take place over a 3-day period.
The BET Hip Hop Awards, which has been taped in Atlanta since 2005, will remain there; with taping to take place on September 29, for an October 9 airing.
Centric says that the ATL will “always be a key destination for our networks’ original programming.”
Just not right now, apparently.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here