The rising star, who is mostly known for her roles on “Gossip Girls,” “The Game” and “One Life to Live,” is now hitting the big screen in the new movie, “Sparkle.”
Sumpter recently sat down with Black Enterprise to talk about her role in the movie, and her hidden talents as well.
Check out an excerpt:
BlackEnterprise.com: You play Deloris “Dee” Williams, the feisty, smart sister. Where did you draw influences to play that character?
Sumpter: It was a great script. I’m glad they expanded upon her role. I guess I drew from different people in my life who embody strength and intelligence: my mom, women in my family. I thought it important for the role to come across as Dee is like her mother: strong and protective. She’ll say truths that others are afraid to say. I love that about the role.
Read the rest of the interview at BE.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here