Listen to what she had to say:
Meanwhile, Tika Sumpter has been busy making a name for herself, appearing in several TV roles, possibly most notably on “The Game” as ‘Jenna Rice,’ the drug-addicted model girlfriend of star of the show Hosea Chancez’s character ‘Malik Wright.”
She recently landed the role of her dreams in the remake of the cult classic Sparkle, where she plays the serious-minded ‘Delores Williams,’ affectionately called “D,” the youngest of the Williams sister – who’s not as focused on being a rising singing star as much as she is about being intellectually uplifted and has a “power to the people” – no nonsense attitude to boot.
Catch Tika Sumpter in Sparkle when it hits the big screen on August 17.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here