*Spike Lee’s homage to controversial civil rights leader Malcolm X apparently goes deeper than a movie.You may recall, Lee wrote and directed Denzel Washington in a biopic about Malcolm in 1992. Now, according to the New York Post, after hearing that the estate of the late icon owes the Manhattan Mini Storage Company $2,447, the filmmaker has offered to step up and pay the outstanding debt.
Recently spotted at the W Hotel Downtown during a Grand Classics screening of “Midnight Cowboy,” the filmmaker reportedly requested that the storage company call him and he would “Take care of it.”
But after all is said and done, Lee may not even have to step up. The Malcolm X estate has said that they intend to pay the debt. They have also stated that the storage unit does not have anything of value that can be associated with Malcolm X.
Spike Lee has directed the play “Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth,” currently on Broadway with the boxing legend in the starring role.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here