*In an interview on CNN, Spike Lee told Don Lemon that he believes expectations were too high at the outset of Barack Obama‘s presidency.
He said that people viewed him as a savior-like “Black Jesus” without regard to the fact that “the man’s not perfect.”
Asked by Lemon whether he believes the expectations were too unrealistic for President Obama, Lee said: “Oh, yeah. He was the savior, black Jesus.”
“I don’t care who it was,” he continued. “Expectations were way too high for what somebody can deliver, knowing how politics works and knowing that you have to deal with the Congress.” Lee then went on to criticize the Republican-led House as solidified in “Whatever you do, we’re blocking it. Every breath we take, we’re going to do what we can that you don’t get a second term. Bottom line. If it hurts America in the process, tough business.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here