*In an interview on CNN, Spike Lee told Don Lemon that he believes expectations were too high at the outset of Barack Obama‘s presidency.
He said that people viewed him as a savior-like “Black Jesus” without regard to the fact that “the man’s not perfect.”
Asked by Lemon whether he believes the expectations were too unrealistic for President Obama, Lee said: “Oh, yeah. He was the savior, black Jesus.”
“I don’t care who it was,” he continued. “Expectations were way too high for what somebody can deliver, knowing how politics works and knowing that you have to deal with the Congress.” Lee then went on to criticize the Republican-led House as solidified in “Whatever you do, we’re blocking it. Every breath we take, we’re going to do what we can that you don’t get a second term. Bottom line. If it hurts America in the process, tough business.”
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here