*In an interview on CNN, Spike Lee told Don Lemon that he believes expectations were too high at the outset of Barack Obama‘s presidency.
He said that people viewed him as a savior-like “Black Jesus” without regard to the fact that “the man’s not perfect.”
Asked by Lemon whether he believes the expectations were too unrealistic for President Obama, Lee said: “Oh, yeah. He was the savior, black Jesus.”
“I don’t care who it was,” he continued. “Expectations were way too high for what somebody can deliver, knowing how politics works and knowing that you have to deal with the Congress.” Lee then went on to criticize the Republican-led House as solidified in “Whatever you do, we’re blocking it. Every breath we take, we’re going to do what we can that you don’t get a second term. Bottom line. If it hurts America in the process, tough business.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here