*In an interview on CNN, Spike Lee told Don Lemon that he believes expectations were too high at the outset of Barack Obama‘s presidency.
He said that people viewed him as a savior-like “Black Jesus” without regard to the fact that “the man’s not perfect.”
Asked by Lemon whether he believes the expectations were too unrealistic for President Obama, Lee said: “Oh, yeah. He was the savior, black Jesus.”
“I don’t care who it was,” he continued. “Expectations were way too high for what somebody can deliver, knowing how politics works and knowing that you have to deal with the Congress.” Lee then went on to criticize the Republican-led House as solidified in “Whatever you do, we’re blocking it. Every breath we take, we’re going to do what we can that you don’t get a second term. Bottom line. If it hurts America in the process, tough business.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here