*In an interview on CNN, Spike Lee told Don Lemon that he believes expectations were too high at the outset of Barack Obama‘s presidency.
He said that people viewed him as a savior-like “Black Jesus” without regard to the fact that “the man’s not perfect.”
Asked by Lemon whether he believes the expectations were too unrealistic for President Obama, Lee said: “Oh, yeah. He was the savior, black Jesus.”
“I don’t care who it was,” he continued. “Expectations were way too high for what somebody can deliver, knowing how politics works and knowing that you have to deal with the Congress.” Lee then went on to criticize the Republican-led House as solidified in “Whatever you do, we’re blocking it. Every breath we take, we’re going to do what we can that you don’t get a second term. Bottom line. If it hurts America in the process, tough business.”
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here