*In an interview on CNN, Spike Lee told Don Lemon that he believes expectations were too high at the outset of Barack Obama‘s presidency.
He said that people viewed him as a savior-like “Black Jesus” without regard to the fact that “the man’s not perfect.”
Asked by Lemon whether he believes the expectations were too unrealistic for President Obama, Lee said: “Oh, yeah. He was the savior, black Jesus.”
“I don’t care who it was,” he continued. “Expectations were way too high for what somebody can deliver, knowing how politics works and knowing that you have to deal with the Congress.” Lee then went on to criticize the Republican-led House as solidified in “Whatever you do, we’re blocking it. Every breath we take, we’re going to do what we can that you don’t get a second term. Bottom line. If it hurts America in the process, tough business.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here