*Director Spike Lee spoke to CNN’s Don Lemon about stereotypes in film, and the conversation inevitably swung around to Tyler Perry.
The two directors traded public barbs after Lee, in 2009 said, among other things, that Perry’s films “harken back to ‘Amos n’ Andy’. Perry responded by famously saying Spike “can go straight to hell.”
Lee said he knows the damage that has been done to minority groups through imagery in television and movies. Asked if he was “lumping Tyler Perry” into that statement, Lee responded, “Everything I need to say about Tyler Perry has already been said. The man’s a brilliant businessman, he do what he does, God bless him.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here