*Director Spike Lee spoke to CNN’s Don Lemon about stereotypes in film, and the conversation inevitably swung around to Tyler Perry.
The two directors traded public barbs after Lee, in 2009 said, among other things, that Perry’s films “harken back to ‘Amos n’ Andy’. Perry responded by famously saying Spike “can go straight to hell.”
Lee said he knows the damage that has been done to minority groups through imagery in television and movies. Asked if he was “lumping Tyler Perry” into that statement, Lee responded, “Everything I need to say about Tyler Perry has already been said. The man’s a brilliant businessman, he do what he does, God bless him.”
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here