*Director Spike Lee spoke to CNN’s Don Lemon about stereotypes in film, and the conversation inevitably swung around to Tyler Perry.
The two directors traded public barbs after Lee, in 2009 said, among other things, that Perry’s films “harken back to ‘Amos n’ Andy’. Perry responded by famously saying Spike “can go straight to hell.”
Lee said he knows the damage that has been done to minority groups through imagery in television and movies. Asked if he was “lumping Tyler Perry” into that statement, Lee responded, “Everything I need to say about Tyler Perry has already been said. The man’s a brilliant businessman, he do what he does, God bless him.”
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here