*Director Spike Lee spoke to CNN’s Don Lemon about stereotypes in film, and the conversation inevitably swung around to Tyler Perry.
The two directors traded public barbs after Lee, in 2009 said, among other things, that Perry’s films “harken back to ‘Amos n’ Andy’. Perry responded by famously saying Spike “can go straight to hell.”
Lee said he knows the damage that has been done to minority groups through imagery in television and movies. Asked if he was “lumping Tyler Perry” into that statement, Lee responded, “Everything I need to say about Tyler Perry has already been said. The man’s a brilliant businessman, he do what he does, God bless him.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here