*Director Spike Lee spoke to CNN’s Don Lemon about stereotypes in film, and the conversation inevitably swung around to Tyler Perry.
The two directors traded public barbs after Lee, in 2009 said, among other things, that Perry’s films “harken back to ‘Amos n’ Andy’. Perry responded by famously saying Spike “can go straight to hell.”
Lee said he knows the damage that has been done to minority groups through imagery in television and movies. Asked if he was “lumping Tyler Perry” into that statement, Lee responded, “Everything I need to say about Tyler Perry has already been said. The man’s a brilliant businessman, he do what he does, God bless him.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- UCLA Gymnast Goes Viral With Dab, Nae-Nae, Quan Filled Floor Routine (Watch)
- Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance Mocked on Daytime and Late Night TV (Watch)
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here