*An Eddie Murphy tribute special is in the works at Spike TV from executive producer Don Mischer, the producer of this year’s Academy Awards that had Murphy originally attached to host.
“Eddie Murphy: One Night Only” will tape on Saturday, Nov. 3 at the Saban Theatre in Los Angeles for a broadcast on Nov. 16, reports Deadline.com. The special will mark 30 years since the release of Murphy’s famous stand-up special ‘Delirious!” and the film “48 Hrs.,” which made him a movie star.
It will highlight Murphy’s career from a 15-year-old aspiring comedian to a “Saturday Night Live” breakout and a comedy feature superstar and will feature Murphy’s co-stars from many of his films including “48 Hrs.,” “Trading Places,” “Beverly Hills Cop,” “Coming To America,” “The Nutty Professor,” “Shrek,” and “Dreamgirls.”
The two-hour show will include short films, musical performances and sketch comedy, culminating in an appearance by Murphy.
“Eddie’s impact on comedy is immeasurable,” said Casey Patterson, EVP of Event Production for Viacom Media Networks Entertainment Group. “At 19, he changed the face of sketch comedy forever on Saturday Night Live and within four years released 48 Hrs., Delirious, and Beverly Hills Cop, making him one of the biggest stand-up and movie stars in the world, and he’s never stopped evolving, innovating and entertaining.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Obama Impersonator Iman Crosson Hits Trump Where It Hurts
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here