*An Eddie Murphy tribute special is in the works at Spike TV from executive producer Don Mischer, the producer of this year’s Academy Awards that had Murphy originally attached to host.
“Eddie Murphy: One Night Only” will tape on Saturday, Nov. 3 at the Saban Theatre in Los Angeles for a broadcast on Nov. 16, reports Deadline.com. The special will mark 30 years since the release of Murphy’s famous stand-up special ‘Delirious!” and the film “48 Hrs.,” which made him a movie star.
It will highlight Murphy’s career from a 15-year-old aspiring comedian to a “Saturday Night Live” breakout and a comedy feature superstar and will feature Murphy’s co-stars from many of his films including “48 Hrs.,” “Trading Places,” “Beverly Hills Cop,” “Coming To America,” “The Nutty Professor,” “Shrek,” and “Dreamgirls.”
The two-hour show will include short films, musical performances and sketch comedy, culminating in an appearance by Murphy.
“Eddie’s impact on comedy is immeasurable,” said Casey Patterson, EVP of Event Production for Viacom Media Networks Entertainment Group. “At 19, he changed the face of sketch comedy forever on Saturday Night Live and within four years released 48 Hrs., Delirious, and Beverly Hills Cop, making him one of the biggest stand-up and movie stars in the world, and he’s never stopped evolving, innovating and entertaining.”
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here