*An Eddie Murphy tribute special is in the works at Spike TV from executive producer Don Mischer, the producer of this year’s Academy Awards that had Murphy originally attached to host.
“Eddie Murphy: One Night Only” will tape on Saturday, Nov. 3 at the Saban Theatre in Los Angeles for a broadcast on Nov. 16, reports Deadline.com. The special will mark 30 years since the release of Murphy’s famous stand-up special ‘Delirious!” and the film “48 Hrs.,” which made him a movie star.
It will highlight Murphy’s career from a 15-year-old aspiring comedian to a “Saturday Night Live” breakout and a comedy feature superstar and will feature Murphy’s co-stars from many of his films including “48 Hrs.,” “Trading Places,” “Beverly Hills Cop,” “Coming To America,” “The Nutty Professor,” “Shrek,” and “Dreamgirls.”
The two-hour show will include short films, musical performances and sketch comedy, culminating in an appearance by Murphy.
“Eddie’s impact on comedy is immeasurable,” said Casey Patterson, EVP of Event Production for Viacom Media Networks Entertainment Group. “At 19, he changed the face of sketch comedy forever on Saturday Night Live and within four years released 48 Hrs., Delirious, and Beverly Hills Cop, making him one of the biggest stand-up and movie stars in the world, and he’s never stopped evolving, innovating and entertaining.”
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here