CNN anchor T.J. Holmes was pretty forward about a recent experience he had after being pulled over a mile-and-a-half away from his driveway.
He chronicled the incident via Twitter.
An officer had followed close to him for some time. Holmes suspected something was about to go down.
Sure enough, the lights came on.
What was the problem? There wasn’t one.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The anchor described the officer stopping him because he wanted “to make sure you have insurance on the car.”
Holmes decided to share the event with followers and fans because he was tired of getting beat down by ignorant critics.
“I was frustrated at the time,” he told MSNBC’s Michael Eric Dyson. “I have wondered if maybe I made a mistake, if I did something wrong by enflaming people’s emotions, by using the phrase ‘driving while black,'” he said of the media firestorm that resulted from his racially-tinged tweets.
His sentiments are definitely felt across the country from the hoods to the suburbs.
A Justice Department study shows that officers are more likely to handle black and Latino men by force, than their white counterparts; and that men of color are more likely to be searched and arrested.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here