*The BET weeknight debut of former CNN anchor T.J. Holmes will take place on October 1 with the premiere of his new late night series “Don’t Sleep!”
‘We are going to be airing every night at 11 p.m. It’s kind of odd. I go from doing early mornings to late nights,” Holmes said at the recent TCA press tour regarding his transition from CNN. “That’s going to be a bit of an adjustment, but it’s going to be a variety of folks. We have a list we’re kind of working for that first week, and we’ll be talking more about that as we get closer.”
Holmes, 35, says the show will be targeted toward anyone interested in black culture. “We’re not doing necessarily just black stories, if you will, or just black people, but everyone you will see on this show will certainly have something to offer and something relevant to the black community.”
As for the types of guests they’re trying to book?
“Something we can’t deny, something that’s been huge and talked about a lot in black media and, black culture these days are a lot of these reality shows,” he said. “So we will absolutely take on that topic at some point, and you’ll see a Shaunie O’Neal or someone like that on the show. You’ll see members of the White House administration or the Obama administration. You will see big time athletes. You will see actors and actresses, musicians, but people in communities, people that you don’t see enough of on other channels that don’t really have a platform: a black dentist from Atlanta, a black surgeon from Los Angeles. We just want to highlight and show the best that black culture has to offer.”
Below, Holmes explains why he would leave his coveted weekend anchor chair at CNN to join BET. [Scroll down to watch the “Don’t Sleep” promo.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here