*This week, EUR partner, the Jasmine Brand sat down with the cast of We TV’s Braxton Family Values to discuss their new season (2.5), which started this week. The entire cast (with the exception of Toni Braxton), including Towanda, Tamar, Trina, Traci, and mother Miss Evelyn were quite candid and were just as entertaining in person, as they are on TV. Peep a few excerpts below.
On what’s the secret ingredient to the success of ‘Braxton Family Values’:
[Tamar] The secret ingredient is that we’re not cast members, we’re sisters. At the end of the day, if we get into an argument no one’s gonna throw glass or be totally disrespectful. At the end of the day, we’re gonna make up, we’re gonna get along. We’re gonna say I love you. Our mother did a great job raising us as women. We learned how to talk to each other instead of putting our hands up and fighting each other. Black women get on tv use their opportunity and get on there and get to fighting i just think that’s ridiculous.
With the alleged incident between Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco, if any of them have experienced domestic abuse:
[Tamar] I know i definitely have…It’s not something I’m going to give power to. Because i feel that I’m over it. Any platform that I have, if I can help somebody, I [will] help them, but I’m not going to use that platform to give someone the satifaction or that power.
[Towanda] I don’t think anything warrants a man to beat a woman. Whether it was head butting, pinching, punching, pushing. I don’t think a big mouth warrants abuse; whatsoever.
Visit theJasmineBrand.com to watch the full interview, along with what episode Tamar & Towanda are DREADING to see on this season.
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here