The Hype Magazine in its 10th year of publication added Jerry Doby as its new Executive Editor. Doby, an accomplished public relations professional and journalist with over 10 years experience in the urban entertainment industry will help direct the editorial flow of the magazine. Among his other responsibilities will be to establish and strengthen the magazine’s long-term relationships with entertainment companies seeking national press coverage.
Doby is a member of The Recording Academy (Grammy’s) and has guest lectured at Dillard University in New Orleans on the subject of public relations and the broadcast media. He is also an A&E Columnist for Examiner.com, a recently added contributor for Yahoo.com (Yahoo Voices) and a video reviewer for GorillaLeak.com. Among his notable past clients are Lazie Bone (Bone Thugs), Big Chan (Doggies Angels) and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Alonzo “The Grandmaster” Williams (World Class Wreckin Cru). Among his career highlights, Doby counts his production of a National Basketball Association Entertainment League tour to Korea in support of American Servicepersons during the 60th Anniversary of the USO.
“I have been looking for an Executive Editor for years, that can keep up with the work flow and come in with new ideas and structure.” Says The Hype Magazine CEO/Founder Jameelah “Just Jay” Wilkerson, “I feel like I found that in Jerry Doby.”
“The Hype Magazine is an outstanding national media outlet with an incredible history and testament to the intestinal fortitude of the CEO/Publisher, Jameelah “Just Jay” Wilkerson” says Doby. “I look forward to the challenge of continuing the great forward momentum the magazine has established in the past 10 years. My vision meshes well with that of Jameelah in continuing to bring a great quality product to our subscribers as well as providing an outstanding opportunity for artists to tell their unique stories.”
About H.Y.P.E. Magazine
Established in 2002, The H.Y.P.E. Magazine is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. H.Y.P.E. stands for “How You Perceive Everything.” It is designed to provide its patrons with relevant entertainment, music news, eye-catching consumer ads, and music reviews of their favorite established entertainers; while spotlighting independent artists seeking to gain greater exposure.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here