The Hype Magazine in its 10th year of publication added Jerry Doby as its new Executive Editor. Doby, an accomplished public relations professional and journalist with over 10 years experience in the urban entertainment industry will help direct the editorial flow of the magazine. Among his other responsibilities will be to establish and strengthen the magazine’s long-term relationships with entertainment companies seeking national press coverage.
Doby is a member of The Recording Academy (Grammy’s) and has guest lectured at Dillard University in New Orleans on the subject of public relations and the broadcast media. He is also an A&E Columnist for Examiner.com, a recently added contributor for Yahoo.com (Yahoo Voices) and a video reviewer for GorillaLeak.com. Among his notable past clients are Lazie Bone (Bone Thugs), Big Chan (Doggies Angels) and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Alonzo “The Grandmaster” Williams (World Class Wreckin Cru). Among his career highlights, Doby counts his production of a National Basketball Association Entertainment League tour to Korea in support of American Servicepersons during the 60th Anniversary of the USO.
“I have been looking for an Executive Editor for years, that can keep up with the work flow and come in with new ideas and structure.” Says The Hype Magazine CEO/Founder Jameelah “Just Jay” Wilkerson, “I feel like I found that in Jerry Doby.”
“The Hype Magazine is an outstanding national media outlet with an incredible history and testament to the intestinal fortitude of the CEO/Publisher, Jameelah “Just Jay” Wilkerson” says Doby. “I look forward to the challenge of continuing the great forward momentum the magazine has established in the past 10 years. My vision meshes well with that of Jameelah in continuing to bring a great quality product to our subscribers as well as providing an outstanding opportunity for artists to tell their unique stories.”
About H.Y.P.E. Magazine
Established in 2002, The H.Y.P.E. Magazine is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. H.Y.P.E. stands for “How You Perceive Everything.” It is designed to provide its patrons with relevant entertainment, music news, eye-catching consumer ads, and music reviews of their favorite established entertainers; while spotlighting independent artists seeking to gain greater exposure.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here