In fact it’s one of those tragic, but true, Hollywood stories.
Famed director Tony Scott jumped to his death today off a Los Angeles bridge, according to the L.A. County Coroner.
68-year-old Scott, Ridley Scott’s brother, jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island around 12:30pm on Sunday.
According to U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Jennifer Osburn, a suicide note was found in Scott’s Toyota Prius, which was parked on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge.
Scott directed such films as Ton Cruise’s “Top Gun,” Eddie Murphy’s “Beverly Hills Cop II,” Will Smith’s “Enemy of the State,” and Denzel Washington’s “The Taking of Pelham 123.”
TMZ says Authorities used sonar equipment to find Scott’s body in the port’s murky waters. His body was recovered at approximately 4:30pm, four hours after he jumped.
Law enforcement sources said several witnesses saw Scott climb over a fence on the bridge and jump off.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here