In fact it’s one of those tragic, but true, Hollywood stories.
Famed director Tony Scott jumped to his death today off a Los Angeles bridge, according to the L.A. County Coroner.
68-year-old Scott, Ridley Scott’s brother, jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island around 12:30pm on Sunday.
According to U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Jennifer Osburn, a suicide note was found in Scott’s Toyota Prius, which was parked on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge.
Scott directed such films as Ton Cruise’s “Top Gun,” Eddie Murphy’s “Beverly Hills Cop II,” Will Smith’s “Enemy of the State,” and Denzel Washington’s “The Taking of Pelham 123.”
TMZ says Authorities used sonar equipment to find Scott’s body in the port’s murky waters. His body was recovered at approximately 4:30pm, four hours after he jumped.
Law enforcement sources said several witnesses saw Scott climb over a fence on the bridge and jump off.
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here