*As part of his “pop up” tour, Dave Chappelle just wrapped a three-show stand at Toronto’s Winter Garden Theatre during which he smoked numerous cigarettes throughout the 75-minute set – an act that has earned a warning from the city.
Chappelle paid an unscheduled visit to Toronto Mayor Rob Ford on Wednesday, a “brief” meeting captured and broadcast to Twitter users by an aide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. [See below photo.]
But later in the day, the Winter Garden received a call from Toronto Public Health, the Toronto Star reports. The call was to remind them of the provincial Smoke-Free Ontario Act, which states “that all performers must be in compliance with the [no tobacco use] legislation,” according to city spokeswoman Kris Scheuer. “There are no exemptions.”
It’s unlikely Ford tipped them off, however. The controversial mayor, despite fighting a public battle with his weight, remains staunchly committed to such unhealthy vices as red meat and alcohol.
His latest public dustup arose after a commuter snapped a picture of Ford reading a document while driving his Escalade and posted it to Twitter. Asked about the photo at a press conference later that day, Ford replied: “Yeah, probably. I’m busy.”
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here