*As part of his “pop up” tour, Dave Chappelle just wrapped a three-show stand at Toronto’s Winter Garden Theatre during which he smoked numerous cigarettes throughout the 75-minute set – an act that has earned a warning from the city.
Chappelle paid an unscheduled visit to Toronto Mayor Rob Ford on Wednesday, a “brief” meeting captured and broadcast to Twitter users by an aide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. [See below photo.]
But later in the day, the Winter Garden received a call from Toronto Public Health, the Toronto Star reports. The call was to remind them of the provincial Smoke-Free Ontario Act, which states “that all performers must be in compliance with the [no tobacco use] legislation,” according to city spokeswoman Kris Scheuer. “There are no exemptions.”
It’s unlikely Ford tipped them off, however. The controversial mayor, despite fighting a public battle with his weight, remains staunchly committed to such unhealthy vices as red meat and alcohol.
His latest public dustup arose after a commuter snapped a picture of Ford reading a document while driving his Escalade and posted it to Twitter. Asked about the photo at a press conference later that day, Ford replied: “Yeah, probably. I’m busy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here