*As part of his “pop up” tour, Dave Chappelle just wrapped a three-show stand at Toronto’s Winter Garden Theatre during which he smoked numerous cigarettes throughout the 75-minute set – an act that has earned a warning from the city.
Chappelle paid an unscheduled visit to Toronto Mayor Rob Ford on Wednesday, a “brief” meeting captured and broadcast to Twitter users by an aide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. [See below photo.]
But later in the day, the Winter Garden received a call from Toronto Public Health, the Toronto Star reports. The call was to remind them of the provincial Smoke-Free Ontario Act, which states “that all performers must be in compliance with the [no tobacco use] legislation,” according to city spokeswoman Kris Scheuer. “There are no exemptions.”
It’s unlikely Ford tipped them off, however. The controversial mayor, despite fighting a public battle with his weight, remains staunchly committed to such unhealthy vices as red meat and alcohol.
His latest public dustup arose after a commuter snapped a picture of Ford reading a document while driving his Escalade and posted it to Twitter. Asked about the photo at a press conference later that day, Ford replied: “Yeah, probably. I’m busy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here