*As part of his “pop up” tour, Dave Chappelle just wrapped a three-show stand at Toronto’s Winter Garden Theatre during which he smoked numerous cigarettes throughout the 75-minute set – an act that has earned a warning from the city.
Chappelle paid an unscheduled visit to Toronto Mayor Rob Ford on Wednesday, a “brief” meeting captured and broadcast to Twitter users by an aide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. [See below photo.]
But later in the day, the Winter Garden received a call from Toronto Public Health, the Toronto Star reports. The call was to remind them of the provincial Smoke-Free Ontario Act, which states “that all performers must be in compliance with the [no tobacco use] legislation,” according to city spokeswoman Kris Scheuer. “There are no exemptions.”
It’s unlikely Ford tipped them off, however. The controversial mayor, despite fighting a public battle with his weight, remains staunchly committed to such unhealthy vices as red meat and alcohol.
His latest public dustup arose after a commuter snapped a picture of Ford reading a document while driving his Escalade and posted it to Twitter. Asked about the photo at a press conference later that day, Ford replied: “Yeah, probably. I’m busy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here