As we previously reported, Touré – one of the co-hosts of the network’s “The Cycle” – accused Mitt Romney of “using racial coding” to “other” President Barack Obama with “really deep stereotypes about the angry black man.”
“I know it’s a heavy thing,” he said. “I don’t say it lightly, but this is ‘niggerization’.”
Now he’s walked back his comment with an apology: “On yesterday’s show, in discussion about the presidential race, I used a word to make a point. In retrospect, I muddied the discussion by using the N word. I could’ve made my point without that word. I shouldn’t have used it, and for that I’m sorry.”
Touré was discussing Romney’s speech in Ohio on Tuesday, in which the Republican nominee described the President as “angry and desperate.” Romney also characterized the President’s campaign as divisive and hateful.
Watch as Romney makes his comments about Obama and Touré’s response:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here