*During a discussion on MSNBC’s “The Cycle” of Mitt Romney’s recent statement that President Obama should “take [his] campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago,” co-host Touré said he believes there are explicit racial connotations beneath Romney’s words, calling it the “niggerization” of the campaign.
“That really bothered me,” he said. “You notice he said anger twice. He’s really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man,” said Toure. “This is part of the playbook against Obama, the ‘otherization,’ he’s not like us.”
“I know it’s a heavy thing, I don’t say it lightly, but this is ‘niggerization,’” Touré said to the apparent shock of his co-panelists. “You are not one of us, you are like the scary black man who we’ve been trained to fear.”
Conservative co-host S.E. Cupp immediately pushed back, taking particular issue with the fact that Touré admitted that VP Joe Biden‘s “chains” comments were divisive, but is now calling Romney a “racist” for saying the Obama campaign is “angry.”
“Do you see how dishonest that is?” she asked.
Touré denied calling anyone a racist, which prompted Cupp to say, “Certainly you were implying that Mitt Romney and the base will respond to this dog-whistle, racially-charged coding, and hate Obama, the angry black man?”
“Absolutely,” he replied.
“That’s so irresponsible,” Cupp said.
“This is not a revolutionary comment,” Touré later said. “This is a constituency all-white party that rejects the black vote.”
“You have two white guys in Joe Biden and Mitt Romney,” Cupp clarified. “Joe Biden made the overtly racial comment and has a history of making bigoted remarks. Mitt Romney was responding to the comment. Yet he is the one responsible for the whole Republican history of racism in politics?”
“That’s not what Touré is saying,” co-host Krystal Ball interjected. “You’re twisting his words.”
“No, he can speak for himself,” Cupp shot back.
“He’s using the playbook Republicans have been using for decades now,” Touré concluded.
Watch the entire exchange below.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here