Not too long ago, Songz sat down with ESSENCE to talk about his fifth album Chapter V.
Check out an excerpt from his interview:
ESSENCE.com: Tell us a bit about your fifth album, Chapter V.
TREY SONGZ: This is the album that I’ve had the most control over creatively, including marketing and timelines, as well as feeling comfortable enough in my success to take time off and tour the world. From performing for 100,000 people in Australia to 55,000 people in Angola, I just had different experiences when I returned to the music.
ESSENCE.com: With your international travels, can we expect a bit of dance music influence?
SONGZ: No, this album will serve my core audience. A lot of artists and music trends are going toward Euro-pop and it’s fast money. Chapter Vwill showcase everything from me. I’m very proud of it. I’m getting all of the mixes now.
Read the rest of the interview at Essence.
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here