*R&B crooner Trey Songz has nabbed his first No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart with his new release, “Chapter V,” edging out three other new entries on the chart this week.
Songz’s fifth studio album sold 135,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan, moving last week’s chart-topper “Based On A T.R.U. Story” from rapper 2 Chainz to No. 2 with 48,000 copies.
“Chapter V” follows 2010’s “Passion, Pain & Pleasure,” which debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 240,000.
Each of Songz’s albums have peaked progressively higher on the Billboard 200, culminating in his first No. 1 this week. His debut set, 2005’s “I Gotta Make It,” topped out at No. 20 and it was followed by 2007’s “Trey Day,” which hit No. 11. Then “Ready” reached No. 3 in 2009 and of course, “Passion” claimed the No. 2 slot.
DJ Khaled’s sixth studio album “Kiss The Ring” debuted at No. 4 with 41,000 copies sold.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fans Blast Nicki Minaj's Narcissistic Reaction to Zendaya’s Barbie
- Kanye Performing at DNC Fundraiser, Kim Expecting Son on Christmas Day
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here