*R&B crooner Trey Songz has nabbed his first No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart with his new release, “Chapter V,” edging out three other new entries on the chart this week.
Songz’s fifth studio album sold 135,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan, moving last week’s chart-topper “Based On A T.R.U. Story” from rapper 2 Chainz to No. 2 with 48,000 copies.
“Chapter V” follows 2010’s “Passion, Pain & Pleasure,” which debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 240,000.
Each of Songz’s albums have peaked progressively higher on the Billboard 200, culminating in his first No. 1 this week. His debut set, 2005’s “I Gotta Make It,” topped out at No. 20 and it was followed by 2007’s “Trey Day,” which hit No. 11. Then “Ready” reached No. 3 in 2009 and of course, “Passion” claimed the No. 2 slot.
DJ Khaled’s sixth studio album “Kiss The Ring” debuted at No. 4 with 41,000 copies sold.
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here