*R&B crooner Trey Songz has nabbed his first No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart with his new release, “Chapter V,” edging out three other new entries on the chart this week.
Songz’s fifth studio album sold 135,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan, moving last week’s chart-topper “Based On A T.R.U. Story” from rapper 2 Chainz to No. 2 with 48,000 copies.
“Chapter V” follows 2010’s “Passion, Pain & Pleasure,” which debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 240,000.
Each of Songz’s albums have peaked progressively higher on the Billboard 200, culminating in his first No. 1 this week. His debut set, 2005’s “I Gotta Make It,” topped out at No. 20 and it was followed by 2007’s “Trey Day,” which hit No. 11. Then “Ready” reached No. 3 in 2009 and of course, “Passion” claimed the No. 2 slot.
DJ Khaled’s sixth studio album “Kiss The Ring” debuted at No. 4 with 41,000 copies sold.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here