*R&B crooner Trey Songz has nabbed his first No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart with his new release, “Chapter V,” edging out three other new entries on the chart this week.
Songz’s fifth studio album sold 135,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan, moving last week’s chart-topper “Based On A T.R.U. Story” from rapper 2 Chainz to No. 2 with 48,000 copies.
“Chapter V” follows 2010’s “Passion, Pain & Pleasure,” which debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 240,000.
Each of Songz’s albums have peaked progressively higher on the Billboard 200, culminating in his first No. 1 this week. His debut set, 2005’s “I Gotta Make It,” topped out at No. 20 and it was followed by 2007’s “Trey Day,” which hit No. 11. Then “Ready” reached No. 3 in 2009 and of course, “Passion” claimed the No. 2 slot.
DJ Khaled’s sixth studio album “Kiss The Ring” debuted at No. 4 with 41,000 copies sold.
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here