*Condoleezza Rice may be earning good reviews for her speech at the 2012 Republican National Convention Wednesday night, but some folks on Twitter instead chose to focus on her unfortunate makeup malfunction.
Some viewers couldn’t help but notice that the former secretary of state had lipstick on her two front teeth while delivering her speech. Several even tweeted about it, with many expressing sympathy with Rice.
“I don’t care what their beliefs are I will always feel completely awful for any woman who has lipstick on their teeth in public. #Condi #RNC,” wrote one viewer.
Added another: “Poor Condoleezza Rice…. No one told her she has lipstick on her teeth #makeupfail #RNC”
More tweets below:
“Yo Condi. CONDI. What in THEE HAIL are you talkin bout, girl? You know you got lipstick on yo teeth, right? Aight. Cool. #RNC2012 #GOP2012.”–@AngryBlackLady
“Seriously though, I heard nothing Condi said because I was so damn distracted from her lipstick stained teeth! @shitgirlssay”–@angeda
“Condoleeza Rice is speaking passionately & eloquently but I am completely distracted by the lipstick on her teeth”–@rachelnoerd
“Dear Republicans, when you piss the gays off, things like Condoleeza Rice’s lipstick-covered teeth happen.”–@mattrjk
As previously reported, Rice has earned praise for her speech, despite the lipstick gaffe. The Washington Post’s E.J. Dionne Jr. wrote that she “outshined” vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan by giving a speech that was “more serious and, yes, more presidential than any other speech on Wednesday night.” Even MSNBC’s Chris Matthews praised Rice, calling her speech “spectacular” and “thrilling” and describing Rice herself as “presidential,” as quoted by Politico.
As for the lipstick situation, Vogue fashionista Andre Leon Talley came to Condi’s defense today: “If Professor, former Sec. of State, Condoleeza [sic] Rice had lipstick on her teeth, so what. She spoke with true eloquence and raised the bar!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here