*Condoleezza Rice may be earning good reviews for her speech at the 2012 Republican National Convention Wednesday night, but some folks on Twitter instead chose to focus on her unfortunate makeup malfunction.
Some viewers couldn’t help but notice that the former secretary of state had lipstick on her two front teeth while delivering her speech. Several even tweeted about it, with many expressing sympathy with Rice.
“I don’t care what their beliefs are I will always feel completely awful for any woman who has lipstick on their teeth in public. #Condi #RNC,” wrote one viewer.
Added another: “Poor Condoleezza Rice…. No one told her she has lipstick on her teeth #makeupfail #RNC”
More tweets below:
“Yo Condi. CONDI. What in THEE HAIL are you talkin bout, girl? You know you got lipstick on yo teeth, right? Aight. Cool. #RNC2012 [email protected]
“Seriously though, I heard nothing Condi said because I was so damn distracted from her lipstick stained teeth! @[email protected]
“Condoleeza Rice is speaking passionately & eloquently but I am completely distracted by the lipstick on her [email protected]
“Dear Republicans, when you piss the gays off, things like Condoleeza Rice’s lipstick-covered teeth [email protected]
As previously reported, Rice has earned praise for her speech, despite the lipstick gaffe. The Washington Post’s E.J. Dionne Jr. wrote that she “outshined” vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan by giving a speech that was “more serious and, yes, more presidential than any other speech on Wednesday night.” Even MSNBC’s Chris Matthews praised Rice, calling her speech “spectacular” and “thrilling” and describing Rice herself as “presidential,” as quoted by Politico.
As for the lipstick situation, Vogue fashionista Andre Leon Talley came to Condi’s defense today: “If Professor, former Sec. of State, Condoleeza [sic] Rice had lipstick on her teeth, so what. She spoke with true eloquence and raised the bar!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here