*Condoleezza Rice may be earning good reviews for her speech at the 2012 Republican National Convention Wednesday night, but some folks on Twitter instead chose to focus on her unfortunate makeup malfunction.
Some viewers couldn’t help but notice that the former secretary of state had lipstick on her two front teeth while delivering her speech. Several even tweeted about it, with many expressing sympathy with Rice.
“I don’t care what their beliefs are I will always feel completely awful for any woman who has lipstick on their teeth in public. #Condi #RNC,” wrote one viewer.
Added another: “Poor Condoleezza Rice…. No one told her she has lipstick on her teeth #makeupfail #RNC”
More tweets below:
“Yo Condi. CONDI. What in THEE HAIL are you talkin bout, girl? You know you got lipstick on yo teeth, right? Aight. Cool. #RNC2012 [email protected]
“Seriously though, I heard nothing Condi said because I was so damn distracted from her lipstick stained teeth! @[email protected]
“Condoleeza Rice is speaking passionately & eloquently but I am completely distracted by the lipstick on her [email protected]
“Dear Republicans, when you piss the gays off, things like Condoleeza Rice’s lipstick-covered teeth [email protected]
As previously reported, Rice has earned praise for her speech, despite the lipstick gaffe. The Washington Post’s E.J. Dionne Jr. wrote that she “outshined” vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan by giving a speech that was “more serious and, yes, more presidential than any other speech on Wednesday night.” Even MSNBC’s Chris Matthews praised Rice, calling her speech “spectacular” and “thrilling” and describing Rice herself as “presidential,” as quoted by Politico.
As for the lipstick situation, Vogue fashionista Andre Leon Talley came to Condi’s defense today: “If Professor, former Sec. of State, Condoleeza [sic] Rice had lipstick on her teeth, so what. She spoke with true eloquence and raised the bar!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here