*Usher thanked his friends for their support as he made a return to the stage Saturday night for his first performance since the death of his former stepson.
Kile Glover, the 11-year-old son of the singer’s ex-wife Tameka Foster, died last month due to head injuries suffered in a jet ski accident in Georgia.
Usher appeared at a celeb-packed charity event for the world famous Apollo Theater held at the home of businessman Ronald Perelman. According to the New York Post’s Page Six, Usher told the crowd, “For all the hard times, you can’t do it without your friends, so I just want to toast a second… Thank you for allowing me to share this incredible moment with you… Cheers for tears.”
Sir Paul McCartney also made an appearance at the event, and Jennifer Hudson performed a medley of Whitney Houston’s hits.
The gig raised more than $2 million for the Apollo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here