*Usher thanked his friends for their support as he made a return to the stage Saturday night for his first performance since the death of his former stepson.
Kile Glover, the 11-year-old son of the singer’s ex-wife Tameka Foster, died last month due to head injuries suffered in a jet ski accident in Georgia.
Usher appeared at a celeb-packed charity event for the world famous Apollo Theater held at the home of businessman Ronald Perelman. According to the New York Post’s Page Six, Usher told the crowd, “For all the hard times, you can’t do it without your friends, so I just want to toast a second… Thank you for allowing me to share this incredible moment with you… Cheers for tears.”
Sir Paul McCartney also made an appearance at the event, and Jennifer Hudson performed a medley of Whitney Houston’s hits.
The gig raised more than $2 million for the Apollo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here