*Usher thanked his friends for their support as he made a return to the stage Saturday night for his first performance since the death of his former stepson.
Kile Glover, the 11-year-old son of the singer’s ex-wife Tameka Foster, died last month due to head injuries suffered in a jet ski accident in Georgia.
Usher appeared at a celeb-packed charity event for the world famous Apollo Theater held at the home of businessman Ronald Perelman. According to the New York Post’s Page Six, Usher told the crowd, “For all the hard times, you can’t do it without your friends, so I just want to toast a second… Thank you for allowing me to share this incredible moment with you… Cheers for tears.”
Sir Paul McCartney also made an appearance at the event, and Jennifer Hudson performed a medley of Whitney Houston’s hits.
The gig raised more than $2 million for the Apollo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here