*Usher thanked his friends for their support as he made a return to the stage Saturday night for his first performance since the death of his former stepson.
Kile Glover, the 11-year-old son of the singer’s ex-wife Tameka Foster, died last month due to head injuries suffered in a jet ski accident in Georgia.
Usher appeared at a celeb-packed charity event for the world famous Apollo Theater held at the home of businessman Ronald Perelman. According to the New York Post’s Page Six, Usher told the crowd, “For all the hard times, you can’t do it without your friends, so I just want to toast a second… Thank you for allowing me to share this incredible moment with you… Cheers for tears.”
Sir Paul McCartney also made an appearance at the event, and Jennifer Hudson performed a medley of Whitney Houston’s hits.
The gig raised more than $2 million for the Apollo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here