*Usher thanked his friends for their support as he made a return to the stage Saturday night for his first performance since the death of his former stepson.
Kile Glover, the 11-year-old son of the singer’s ex-wife Tameka Foster, died last month due to head injuries suffered in a jet ski accident in Georgia.
Usher appeared at a celeb-packed charity event for the world famous Apollo Theater held at the home of businessman Ronald Perelman. According to the New York Post’s Page Six, Usher told the crowd, “For all the hard times, you can’t do it without your friends, so I just want to toast a second… Thank you for allowing me to share this incredible moment with you… Cheers for tears.”
Sir Paul McCartney also made an appearance at the event, and Jennifer Hudson performed a medley of Whitney Houston’s hits.
The gig raised more than $2 million for the Apollo.
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here