*After getting serious pushback for his recent joke about Sarah Palin’s Down Syndrome son, Trig, Wayne Brady is apologizing. He says he says he takes “full responsibility” and “no malice or harm was meant.”
Brady has been taking heat for the past week over the joke – delivered at the “Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne” – in which he says Sarah Palin hates Jeff Ross because he reminds her of “what Trig is going to look like when he’s 40.”
Wayne issued a statement on Facebook in which he says he didn’t write the Jeff joke but explains, “At the end of the day I take full responsibility for saying it.”
He adds, “I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father.”
“To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you’ll be able to accept this apology as well.”
Brady was at LAX this weekend … and told TMZ: “It’s a roast, but there are people with sensitivities … and some people were bothered.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here