*After getting serious pushback for his recent joke about Sarah Palin’s Down Syndrome son, Trig, Wayne Brady is apologizing. He says he says he takes “full responsibility” and “no malice or harm was meant.”
Brady has been taking heat for the past week over the joke – delivered at the “Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne” – in which he says Sarah Palin hates Jeff Ross because he reminds her of “what Trig is going to look like when he’s 40.”
Wayne issued a statement on Facebook in which he says he didn’t write the Jeff joke but explains, “At the end of the day I take full responsibility for saying it.”
He adds, “I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father.”
“To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you’ll be able to accept this apology as well.”
Brady was at LAX this weekend … and told TMZ: “It’s a roast, but there are people with sensitivities … and some people were bothered.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here