*Serena Williams famously celebrated her Olympics singles win over Maria Sharapova with a Crip walk, and now there’s an expectation that she’ll punctuate every victory going forward with the same dance.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the tennis star said that dance was not planned. As for whether we’ll see it pop up again next month if she wins the US Open in New York? “I have to win seven matches, so we’ll see,” she said.
The Wimbledon champ joined fellow tennis players Victoria Azarenka, the Bryan Brothers and James Blake at Thursday’s annual Taste of Tennis, where top chefs provide culinary delights in an event for charity. Blake brought his infant daughter, who was cradled by Williams.
Williams says she’s still on an Olympics high. She says she and sister Venus plan to be in Rio de Janeiro for the next Summer Games.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here