*Serena Williams famously celebrated her Olympics singles win over Maria Sharapova with a Crip walk, and now there’s an expectation that she’ll punctuate every victory going forward with the same dance.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the tennis star said that dance was not planned. As for whether we’ll see it pop up again next month if she wins the US Open in New York? “I have to win seven matches, so we’ll see,” she said.
The Wimbledon champ joined fellow tennis players Victoria Azarenka, the Bryan Brothers and James Blake at Thursday’s annual Taste of Tennis, where top chefs provide culinary delights in an event for charity. Blake brought his infant daughter, who was cradled by Williams.
Williams says she’s still on an Olympics high. She says she and sister Venus plan to be in Rio de Janeiro for the next Summer Games.
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here