*Serena Williams famously celebrated her Olympics singles win over Maria Sharapova with a Crip walk, and now there’s an expectation that she’ll punctuate every victory going forward with the same dance.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the tennis star said that dance was not planned. As for whether we’ll see it pop up again next month if she wins the US Open in New York? “I have to win seven matches, so we’ll see,” she said.
The Wimbledon champ joined fellow tennis players Victoria Azarenka, the Bryan Brothers and James Blake at Thursday’s annual Taste of Tennis, where top chefs provide culinary delights in an event for charity. Blake brought his infant daughter, who was cradled by Williams.
Williams says she’s still on an Olympics high. She says she and sister Venus plan to be in Rio de Janeiro for the next Summer Games.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here