*Serena Williams famously celebrated her Olympics singles win over Maria Sharapova with a Crip walk, and now there’s an expectation that she’ll punctuate every victory going forward with the same dance.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the tennis star said that dance was not planned. As for whether we’ll see it pop up again next month if she wins the US Open in New York? “I have to win seven matches, so we’ll see,” she said.
The Wimbledon champ joined fellow tennis players Victoria Azarenka, the Bryan Brothers and James Blake at Thursday’s annual Taste of Tennis, where top chefs provide culinary delights in an event for charity. Blake brought his infant daughter, who was cradled by Williams.
Williams says she’s still on an Olympics high. She says she and sister Venus plan to be in Rio de Janeiro for the next Summer Games.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here