*Serena Williams famously celebrated her Olympics singles win over Maria Sharapova with a Crip walk, and now there’s an expectation that she’ll punctuate every victory going forward with the same dance.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the tennis star said that dance was not planned. As for whether we’ll see it pop up again next month if she wins the US Open in New York? “I have to win seven matches, so we’ll see,” she said.
The Wimbledon champ joined fellow tennis players Victoria Azarenka, the Bryan Brothers and James Blake at Thursday’s annual Taste of Tennis, where top chefs provide culinary delights in an event for charity. Blake brought his infant daughter, who was cradled by Williams.
Williams says she’s still on an Olympics high. She says she and sister Venus plan to be in Rio de Janeiro for the next Summer Games.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here