*Eight months after winning “The X Factor,” Melanie Amaro has at last released her first single.
Titled “Don’t Fail Me Now,” the song was written by Livvi Franc (who’s also written for Britney Spears, Michael Jackson) and produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins. It’s the first singler from her soon-to-be released debut on Epic Records.
The ditty is described as an uplifting account of Amaro’s road to success, with the lyrics: “I’ve paid my dues, I’ve paid the price, I’ve prayed for you almost every night…I’ve walked the longest road so don’t fail me now, feet don’t fail me now.” [Listen below.]
The 20-year-old, who won the $5 million prize as well as a record deal with Epic Records/Syco, collaborated with several producers, including Tricky Stewart (Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, and Justin Bieber), on the project.
“I am really proud to have Melanie Amaro on the Epic Records roster,” said L.A. Reid. “As the winner of the first season of The X Factor she is a proven champion who is destined for success.”
Simon Cowell echoed Reid’s sentiments, and predicted big things for the Virgin Islands native.
“She’s someone who can sell records all over the world, and I think she’s got longevity,” he said. “She’s got that star ability, and she’s tough.”
“The X Factor” returns Sept. 12 with new judges Spears and Demi Lovato.
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here