*Eight months after winning “The X Factor,” Melanie Amaro has at last released her first single.
Titled “Don’t Fail Me Now,” the song was written by Livvi Franc (who’s also written for Britney Spears, Michael Jackson) and produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins. It’s the first singler from her soon-to-be released debut on Epic Records.
The ditty is described as an uplifting account of Amaro’s road to success, with the lyrics: “I’ve paid my dues, I’ve paid the price, I’ve prayed for you almost every night…I’ve walked the longest road so don’t fail me now, feet don’t fail me now.” [Listen below.]
The 20-year-old, who won the $5 million prize as well as a record deal with Epic Records/Syco, collaborated with several producers, including Tricky Stewart (Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, and Justin Bieber), on the project.
“I am really proud to have Melanie Amaro on the Epic Records roster,” said L.A. Reid. “As the winner of the first season of The X Factor she is a proven champion who is destined for success.”
Simon Cowell echoed Reid’s sentiments, and predicted big things for the Virgin Islands native.
“She’s someone who can sell records all over the world, and I think she’s got longevity,” he said. “She’s got that star ability, and she’s tough.”
“The X Factor” returns Sept. 12 with new judges Spears and Demi Lovato.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here