*Eight months after winning “The X Factor,” Melanie Amaro has at last released her first single.
Titled “Don’t Fail Me Now,” the song was written by Livvi Franc (who’s also written for Britney Spears, Michael Jackson) and produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins. It’s the first singler from her soon-to-be released debut on Epic Records.
The ditty is described as an uplifting account of Amaro’s road to success, with the lyrics: “I’ve paid my dues, I’ve paid the price, I’ve prayed for you almost every night…I’ve walked the longest road so don’t fail me now, feet don’t fail me now.” [Listen below.]
The 20-year-old, who won the $5 million prize as well as a record deal with Epic Records/Syco, collaborated with several producers, including Tricky Stewart (Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, and Justin Bieber), on the project.
“I am really proud to have Melanie Amaro on the Epic Records roster,” said L.A. Reid. “As the winner of the first season of The X Factor she is a proven champion who is destined for success.”
Simon Cowell echoed Reid’s sentiments, and predicted big things for the Virgin Islands native.
“She’s someone who can sell records all over the world, and I think she’s got longevity,” he said. “She’s got that star ability, and she’s tough.”
“The X Factor” returns Sept. 12 with new judges Spears and Demi Lovato.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here