*Mark O’Mara, the attorney for George Zimmerman, the man who killed Trayvon Martin, is shutting down a Facebook page the defense team was using because it was leading to unhelpful discussions.
Mark O’Mara said on Wednesday that a separate site was set up to distribute information on Zimmerman’s defense. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting and has pleaded not guilty. He claims he shot the unarmed teenager in self-defense.
O’Mara says the Facebook page served several purposes over the past three months, including giving Zimmerman and the defense team an official social media presence. But O’Mara says it also allowed for discussions of evidence and Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence.
Meanwhile, the website GZlegalcase.com is still active.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here