*Mark O’Mara, the attorney for George Zimmerman, the man who killed Trayvon Martin, is shutting down a Facebook page the defense team was using because it was leading to unhelpful discussions.
Mark O’Mara said on Wednesday that a separate site was set up to distribute information on Zimmerman’s defense. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting and has pleaded not guilty. He claims he shot the unarmed teenager in self-defense.
O’Mara says the Facebook page served several purposes over the past three months, including giving Zimmerman and the defense team an official social media presence. But O’Mara says it also allowed for discussions of evidence and Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence.
Meanwhile, the website GZlegalcase.com is still active.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Azealia Banks Advises Beyonce to 'Stay Under Jay-z’s Foot'
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here