*Mark O’Mara, the attorney for George Zimmerman, the man who killed Trayvon Martin, is shutting down a Facebook page the defense team was using because it was leading to unhelpful discussions.
Mark O’Mara said on Wednesday that a separate site was set up to distribute information on Zimmerman’s defense. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting and has pleaded not guilty. He claims he shot the unarmed teenager in self-defense.
O’Mara says the Facebook page served several purposes over the past three months, including giving Zimmerman and the defense team an official social media presence. But O’Mara says it also allowed for discussions of evidence and Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence.
Meanwhile, the website GZlegalcase.com is still active.
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here